Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back I got bored with my X5M, and a friend offered me some chrome material at a price that was hard to turn down. So, needless to say, i took his offer, and decided to go chrome. I've never really been a fan of chrome cars (except the CLS63 on GR4, that thing was clean), but I just kind of said "F it" and went ahead with the project that became known as "Project Megadouche". I think it turned out much, much better looking than I expected, and it has actually made me appreciate chrome cars much more than i did before. Driving a chrome car is more interesting that I expected because you can't look around without seeing at least 1 person taking a picture of you. It also attracts "other types" of attention from my dear friends that work for the various California Law Enforcement Agencies, who seem to love this car and stop in for a "closer look" quite often.

The project also included
22' AvanteGarde M310 wheels
H&R Sport Lowering Springs
and recently a custom dyno tune done by L4P sponsor HG Motorsports.

The previous mods included
Custom Downpipes
3in diameter, de-resonated midsection
Meisterschaft/GTHaus GTC Valvetronic exhaust system
VelosDesignwerks Stage 2 ECU flash

Heres some pics that have been taken over the last few months, and the dyno numbers from HG will be available in the next few days!
Enjoy!

HGMS photos.

·
Registered
198 Posts
lol project megadouche!

I actually kinda like it, I dont like most of the chrome cars ive seen, but something about the body lines and your wheels "make it". Nice car!

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
Pretty nutty...cool.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the positive feedback guys! The haters have been out in force lately so its a nice change of pace to hear this kind of stuff :p

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How is the ride comfort with the new springs and wheels?
I had the wheels on for a day without the springs and the ride comfort was very close, if not the same as stock. However, once the springs went on, the ride feels like your on a trampolined line with knives. Its absolutely terrible. I don't mind really stiff rides such as those in 430 scuds, clk black, etc. but this ride is just terrible. HG tuned my suspension setup, but i haven't gotten the car back from them yet, so hopefully its a bit better now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
charles I'm going to get shot driving this in downtown dallas

·
Registered
448 Posts
looks really good....nice job dude

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
charles I'm going to get shot driving this in downtown dallas
I will assure you that you won't since your not going to be driving it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts