Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
detailers...tough question...out of all the waxes many of you have tried over the years, which would you choose as "the best "wax u ever used?

·
Registered
346 Posts
detailers...tough question...out of all the waxes many of you have tried over the years, which would you choose as "the best "wax u ever used?
with technology kicking in the detailing supply , wax and seals are overtake by coatings , as opti-coat and cquartz 2 examples .
those coatings has superior long term quality over the traditional wax and seal that needs to be re-apply periodical.

u will hear from 5 detailers 5 different waxes..... for sure.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It's all personal preference. As far as wax goes I really like DP's Max Wax. fairly cheap but for a nuba it's just an exceptional wax IMO. as far as a sealant goes I still like Black Fire's wet diamond better than most. Now I choose not to chase the wax dollar. seems to be more of a waste of good hard earned money over anything else. But as said the new coatings hitting the markets are really putting a lot of traditional practices on notice that something better is here or on it's way to market. So there is no best. And what you really love today is going to seem less than adaquate shortly due to new technology and products hitting the market.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It all looks good when applied to a polished vehicle so for me, durability, ease of use, are things I consider what would make something "the best" for me.

I use these 3 the most in no order

Blackfire Wet Diamond

Chemical Guys E-Zyme

Optimum Opti-Seal

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
been wondering about the opti-seal..i was gonna order some the other night..guess ill get some to try on one of my cars...any advice when using it? really suprised that swissvax hasn't made a contribution here ....

·
Registered
473 Posts
How come no one has mentioned Colli 845 yet????

15 dollars with free shipping from ebay. Lasts 6 months with good prep. Deep shine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I prefer anything by Adams Products. i have used just about everything on the market and nothing compares to the quality or price of Adams. they have something for everybody too whether you want to machine polish or wax and polish by hand they have you covered

·
Registered
439 Posts
Collinite's 845 is great for winter/durability. Tried Wolfgang fuzion and its exceptional, Zymol Royale is not bad either.
Have been doing trials with Cquartz coating and it looks pretty good with great properties, still have one kit of it left.
Collinite's 915 looks good, still havent really tested out all of the 30+ waxes that we have!

Sealant's we prefer:

Blackfire Wet Diamond
Menzerna PowerLock
Jetseal 109

·
Registered
183 Posts
I love Optimum Opti Seal. It takes about 5 minutes to wax a car and will last in the southern summer sun for about 2-3 months. Best part is it is so easy to apply that I often just do it monthly.

I also like Meguiars M16 paste wax and Colonite 915. To me there are so many choices out there that it makes no sense to spend a ton on wax. There is no wax that is worth loads of cash. The only reason I could see to buy expensive wax is if you were a detailer and wanted to impress clients. Just to back up that claim here is a blind test done comparing 6 waxes ranging from $15-$2500 (yes, twenty five hundred dollars). The results were very surprising. Big Wax Test - Looks Results - Full Review - Detailing World

I just picked up the Autoglym HD wax from Wally World for $20. That seems like a steal of a deal. I will report back once I have used it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
been wondering about the opti-seal..i was gonna order some the other night..guess ill get some to try on one of my cars...any advice when using it? really suprised that swissvax hasn't made a contribution here ....
The only advice that I have on Opti Seal is to put it on very very thin. I have used my current 8 oz bottle about 6 times now and have only gone through about 1/3 of it. On a sports car you should be able to get about 18-20 uses out of a bottle.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Best wax or Sealant

Is there a best? In my opinion- No! The aesthetics of a vehicle appearance is very subjective to say the least, the only best wax or sealant that really matters is what looks 'best' to you and meets the criteria you set for it.

While it’s true many of the chemicals used in the formulation of car care products are the same (or at least very similar) Having used a variety of different products, at various cost levels, I can tell one from another and field testing shows that not all have the durability either, some simply outperform others in many categories and react differently when applied to different paint types, paint hardness, colour, or varied paint surface conditions.

Often what is considered by some to be ‘the best wax or sealant’ is either due to brand loyalty and / or an emotive response. Ultimately the best wax or sealant will prove to be the one that best meets its user's objectives. If a product is not working for you experiment until you find one that’s suitable for your needs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
alot of the stuff is way over hyped, it comes down to every paint and color IMO, not always just going with the most expensive thing you can find.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
collinite 845 is what i like. wanna try blackfire wet diamond.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
collinite 845 is what i like. wanna try blackfire wet diamond.
Good choice! Read about bfwd before you use it...if you do it wrong it looks god awful.

·
Registered
73 Posts
my fav sealants/waxes & most commonly
used in my shop right now are the following...

this is my top 10 =)

1. klasse high gloss sealant glaze
2. fk 1000p hi temp
3. prima epic
4. collinite 476s super double coat
5. einszett 1z glanz
6. adams americana
7. collinite 915 marque d' elegance
8. collinite 845 liquid insulator wax
9. lusso oro
10. 3M performance finish

there are so many great products out there & most of them dont require spending alot of money.

i plan to expand my collection of sealants & waxes. for now this is what i use all week long in the shop.

P21s is on the bubble at #11 =)

im excited to try some new products out in the spring time =)

bye for now

·
Registered
473 Posts
whoever sais anything svisswax is out of their mind. Yeah i understand its awesome to have a 2,000 wax. But damn dont you think there are other waxes that are much better value?

I see pro detailers using Powerlock more often then i see pro's using any svisswax product.

Only time i see it is if some ultra uber rich guy wants his ferrari detailed, purely for easthetic purposes to say that he has the best and most expensive wax on there.

Oh and Zymol had a wax for 30k so i guess thats the best wax out there huh? lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts