Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Umm, sorry buddy, that's wrong as well....

CCXR Edition | Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg have never built an AWD vehicle, not yet at least ;)
This is why I hate being lied too. fml and fvck the guy who told me so

SirRobbins sure wants at least ONE to be AWD... I admire your stubbordness but no Egg is AWD... RWD is the way we roll... ;-)
I love RWD and was not really hoping for one to be AWD, I just found it easy to believe because the CCXR did 0-60 in 2.6 seconds and that is wild for a RWD manual transmission car

The only explanation is that this is a late april fools joke...
I wish but I fell for the crap and blah blah blah. I will tell the guy he is a dweeb and thanks for making me look like a noob when I truely admire these things. I never saw a CCXR accelerate enough to know though.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Dont rely on what other people tell you and present it to the world after. Get your info first hand. Stuff like this doesnt help you look too competent to say the least.

Just like the thread on here from back in the day that said "The new F10 M5 will 10000% be AWD"... Yeah, right.

:lol:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Now that we got that AWD thing out of the way. Has any one found GPS shots of this claim?

·
Registered
479 Posts
If you look closely at the world record 0-300-0 attempt you will see that the car isnt close to those 0-60 times. The times were all between 3,8 to 4,0 sec to 62 mph so sub 3 sec is just marketing...

·
Registered
877 Posts
If you look closely at the world record 0-300-0 attempt you will see that the car isnt close to those 0-60 times. The times were all between 3,8 to 4,0 sec to 62 mph so sub 3 sec is just marketing...
Two things:
1. 0-60 times depend so much on the driver especially when the car has no launch control

2. I guess for those extra fast times the conditions were perfect (track surface, tire temperature, etc.)
Maybe they even mount slicks or sonething similar and used tire softener etc.

·
Registered
479 Posts
1. I think the Koenigsegg test driver were qualified... ;-)
2. If they knew they could shave more then a second off their time they would have done that.

If they did the timing with slicks i would also call that marketing. Setting super 0-60 times with 1115 rwd hp is impossible with road tires so lets focus on the world records instead! Viva Koenigsegg!

·
Registered
877 Posts
The driver on the Nordachleife was no test driver but an Agera R owner who also owns a part of the Koenigsegg company. ;)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Just read that and wanted to share it with the community.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Especially with good 2 sites on a climate control unit....

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
What was the 250mph claim based on?
I'm sure it was wicked fast but top speed on that short of a straight seems a bit ambitious. The Veyron needed to do it on on the 5 mile straight at their testing ground.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
What was the 250mph claim based on?
I'm sure it was wicked fast but top speed on that short of a straight seems a bit ambitious. The Veyron needed to do it on on the 5 mile straight at their testing ground.
Koenigseggs out-accelerate veyrons easily thanks to being over 1000 pounds lighter and more aero. A ccx could hit 230mph in a standing mile where as a veyron could only achieve 202mph. An Agera R could hit 250 probably but that isn't its' top speed

·
Registered
69 Posts
I haven't read through the thread, so I'm sorry if this has already been posted.

I read that when the Agera R did the recent 402kph run on the ring it was running 98 octane (which brings the horse power down by 100-150) and IT HAD ONE MORE GEAR TO GO!!! I'll try to find you a pic of the text and translate it for you guys if you want me to.

Anyways, the Agera R is crazy fast!

·
Registered
877 Posts
But ApexAutoVideo there are cars which don't hit vmax in their highest gear. New 991 for example hits its topspeed in 6th and not in 7th gear.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Do you guys ever wonder why they did NOT set a proper track time? Why don't they just put some additional meat onto the Agera R's mighty bones and show how capable it is around a track?

I mean, they just set up a straight line record, and take pretty pictures, but no lap time?

Sounds odd to me really :confused:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts