Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is nuts!! I wonder if it will end up on the "What's on your wrist thread?"

$2.5 Million Patek Philippe Stars in Christie's Megabucks Watches Sale

See link for additional pictures of the other watches for auction.

An exceptionally rare and highly important rose gold Patek Philippe timepiece made in 1953 (above) is expected to fetch up to $2.5 million at Christie's Important Watches sale in Geneva on November 15. The two crown world time wristwatch with 24 hour indication and blue enamel dial, Ref. 2523 is one of three pink gold Pateks in the sale, all of which are expected to top out at over $1 million, an extremely rare occurrence in a single sale. The other two are a perpetual calendar chronograph wristwatch with moon phases, Ref. 2499, manufactured in 1957, estimated at up to $1.25 million; and a perpetual calendar chronograph wristwatch with phases of the moon, Ref. 1518, manufactured in 1948, estimated at up to $1.03 million. 388 lots in total will be offered in two sessions during the historic sale and are expected to realize a combined total estimated in excess of $13 million.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I found one of those in my couch last week! I gave it to my maid! LOL

Fantastic looking watch!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
That will most likely be bought up by the Patek family. Never to be seen again.

Can anyone identify what second zone it is set of in that picture?

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That will most likely be bought up by the Patek family. Never to be seen again.

Can anyone identify what second zone it is set of in that picture?
Buenos Aires? That's where the gold 24 marker is pointing.

Edit: maybe not, as I now see there is a 12 marker also. Maybe the left-side crown can move the timezone around to match the hour hand. Interesting, for sure.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ no kidding. $2.5MM would buy a nice little stable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
here's a late bump....but someone asked about what tz the 2nd dial was set to....thats not how it works.

the city names are fixed, the dial rotates, so you can quickly see the time in all those cities with a glance (each city has a reference dot)...the second crown is just for adjustment. (city names are obviously arranged geographically)....brilliant simple design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts