Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys its that time of year again for the BS to end and throttle to be put through the floor board! I have been involved with the Texas mile for a couple of years now from sponsoring the dinner/bench-race party to bringing Supercars Exposed to Texas with me to cover the event. Jay and Shannon run a top notch event and very tight ship. Newsome also cooks up the best BBQ with Code 3 Cookers!! This year I will be coming down as a participant to actually compete with a couple of cars. We will be shooting video for a new show (2010) called 'Forum Speed Wars', which will pit up the top dogs from each forum against each other in a head-to-head winner takes all competition. More to come via Internet Brands posting on most of the forums. This will be a great event since many high hp cars are coming to Texas to give their best... I would like to see who is coming with what car... Thanks for your time and its 'On like Donkey Kong'

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It was one of my goals for the season to do 200+ in my car at the Oct Texas Mile event, but after a couple emails with the tech guys, it looks like it's not gonna happen at one of their events.

Basic story is I am happy to do a 4pt cage within the cabin of my car, but I'm not willing to go through the inner rear window of my car just to be able to run the one event. I'm just not that interested in having the cabin of the car connected with the engine bay(read: fumes/heat etc). After talking to a gentleman who builds CORR's trucks(as well as other crazy fab), he said he could build something that would be safe, but technically not compliant with the rules of their events. At this point, I'm behind the game for an Oct event(even if they did allow me to run). However, if it were possible for me to run this year, I'd make it a priority to get the car down there in full form.

Car would be a fully built turbo NSX with over 1000whp and around 2900lbs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was one of my goals for the season to do 200+ in my car at the Oct Texas Mile event, but after a couple emails with the tech guys, it looks like it's not gonna happen at one of their events.

Basic story is I am happy to do a 4pt cage within the cabin of my car, but I'm not willing to go through the inner rear window of my car just to be able to run the one event. I'm just not that interested in having the cabin of the car connected with the engine bay(read: fumes/heat etc). After talking to a gentleman who builds CORR's trucks(as well as other crazy fab), he said he could build something that would be safe, but technically not compliant with the rules of their events. At this point, I'm behind the game for an Oct event(even if they did allow me to run). However, if it were possible for me to run this year, I'd make it a priority to get the car down there in full form.

Car would be a fully built turbo NSX with over 1000whp and around 2900lbs.
News to me?? Who told you that you need a full cage??? Many guys have run over 200mph with NO CAGE.

Whatcha bringing this year, VR?
The Supra and something else...

Should be coming down that way with Art. Should be sick!
Correction.... WILL be sick! ;)

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Oh man, this would be such a sick event to go to.

I've never been and keep kicking myself in the ass every time it passes by each year after I hear about how awesome it is and I never go!!

Time to start looking into how expensive plane tickets there are lol

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Oh man, this would be such a sick event to go to.

I've never been and keep kicking myself in the ass every time it passes by each year after I hear about how awesome it is and I never go!!

Time to start looking into how expensive plane tickets there are lol
you and me both... i have also always kicked myself and would love to go this year to spectate....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
News to me?? Who told you that you need a full cage??? Many guys have run over 200mph with NO CAGE.
A couple people over there:

Ryan Arnold
Chief of Tech

Jonathan Hernandez
Chief Scruitener
N.A.S.A Texas
The Texas Mile

I just don't want to make the trek down their only to be turned away from running 200+(or at least trying to run it).

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Post up some info on the event and maybe we can make it an unoffical L4P GTG for the locals!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A couple people over there:

Ryan Arnold
Chief of Tech

Jonathan Hernandez
Chief Scruitener
N.A.S.A Texas
The Texas Mile

I just don't want to make the trek down their only to be turned away from running 200+(or at least trying to run it).
Ryan and Jonathan said that??? I will call Jonathan in the am and find out!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Then ill plan on it. how can i help u?
Need help managing the Liquor with the woman from the TOUR BUS... Also, someone needs to take photos of the models with all the cars. Can you help out with that?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 55 Posts