Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in at the local BMW Dealership today to inquire about the new 5 Series. What I've seen on the internet hasn't really impressed me. I had an '08 M5 and I'm a huge fan of the E60 platform and to be honest, I was thinking that the new body looked too much like a 7 Series. Figured I better check it out in person.

The new 550i just arrived before the weekend and it was definitely a hit for all the guys there. It seemed like it has a longer wheelbase and might be a bit wider as well. I drove it about 20 miles through a few twisties and it handled like a BMW, not to mention it rode damn smooth. Even in Sport+ it was nice.

Still not 100% convinced on the body yet. It took no time at all for me to fall in love with the E60, this one might take a while. There was some confusion as far as what engine the M5 will come with. Supposedly this has the Twin Turbo V8 and I had heard that the M was gonna be a 550hp version of this. Another Sales guy said he heard it would be a Twin Turbo V10. Anybody know for sure which it will be?

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
as far as the new m cars are concerned....big engines are done. the v10 is done. the m5/6 will get a V8TT and the m3 will be getting a V6TT i dont believe it will be inline like BMW is famous for. why bmw has decided to do FI on a line that built is reputation on high revving NA is beyond me

i think this new one looks pretty damn good however the wheels are just not happening, bmw doesnt seem to do a good job in that department

cant wait to see what the new m5 will look like though

·
Registered
30 Posts
Saw the new 5 Series yesterday also and looks better IRL. Only problem is the new 5 series looks to much like the 3 series from the front and even from the side. Still a nice car

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love the new 5 series. I always disliked the E60 until the m5 came out which is still ok, but upon seeing the preliminary sketches of the new M5 I already fell in love. Very classic BMW looks.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Looks great. And I am pretty sure that the next M5/6 will get a V8, like jibaholic said, the era of the V10 is over.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I am thinking of ordering one and am trying to get all of the feedback possible. I like the new look - wasn't a real fan of the last one personally.

·
Registered
96 Posts
it looks so much better, the only WORSE THING is that the back look like those of "infinitis"

·
Registered
488 Posts
I like it, I will have to see one in person but Ill wait for the M5 personally, Im almost sure its a twin turbo V8, twin turbo v10 would be insane tho!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Its ok maybe a 6/10...much better than the beyond hideous e60 5 and e60 m5 but it still has a lot of werid looks/angles to it. Doesnt wow me in any way. Interior looks ok, not great.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Wheels car mag in aus recently published an article stating that the new M5 will have 4.4TT V8 with 7 speed dual clutch and active aero, which I'm sure most of you know. Was just interesting to see it in print as a fact rather than speculation on the web.

The new 5 looks great!

·
Registered
241 Posts
ehh not impressed. frankly it looks like BMW is back to making cars that are just the same design but in different sizes...

I liked the previous generation where every model had its own sense of style.

·
Registered
199 Posts
For me, its been downhill since the e39 which by far is my favorite 5 platform

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
i've seen a few of these F10's around here, and it doesn't really do anything for me. the E60 was a much more dramatic car as far as looks go. i bet the m5 will perform really well though

·
Registered
345 Posts
Salespeople are always the least informed people eventhough they are selling the product. There will be no TT v10
The M5 will have a V8TT

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am a fan of the E60 M5 and I love my E60 5series but this one is not that bad....the only part that I do not like is the front grill..they are getting bigger and bigger!! Ohh well it ll take me sometimes to get used to this one!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts