Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Silver Sponsor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lease is running out on my 550i and Im looking for a crossover beater/DD. The goal is to let it take all the abuse until i move out of the city and pickup my R8 (pointless to own while living here for my last year).

Looking at a 2011-12 grand cherokee or a "utility car" under 25k

Any other options out there? Personally think the jeep is a good looking car.

$_4.JPG

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Let me try...Just saw on the local news Jeep Grand Cherokee was the 2nd least reliable Suv/crossover vehicle after the Jeep Cherokee. Not sure of the years but something to consider.

3rd was the nissan pathfinder

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you can, get the SRT8. The older ones can be had around your price range. IMO it's a good looking vehicle and is powerful/fun to drive!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Toyota 4Runner.

My sister has a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited - this thing is loaded to the gills.. but in 8,000mi its been to the shop 5+ times.... Granted it was its first model year.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Got rid of my Cayenne for a 11 GC, they are great. I have a 2011 Overland V8. I had a 2011 Overland V6 for a month, couldn't stand the lack of power and swapped it for a V8.

Im very happy with it, Coming from your V8 550 you wont notice too much of a gas difference. It has all the amenities out there, and is very comfortable. 100% recommend one, and I've had zero issues with it- and incase I do I have CPO and an additional 50k on top the dealer gave me.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
awesome vehicle, but i would pay a lil more and get the 2014 with a 8 speed trans. Actually thats exactly what I'm planing on doing in a few years when the beater dies

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Let me try...Just saw on the local news Jeep Grand Cherokee was the 2nd least reliable Suv/crossover vehicle after the Jeep Cherokee. Not sure of the years but something to consider.

3rd was the nissan pathfinder
no way in hell that was about the new grand cherokee. They are pretty much bulletproof.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
For everyone who is saying the new GCs are awful and unreliable, keep in mind they make thousands of them monthly, so like every other major car company they are gonna have there fair share of cars that are great, okay, and complete lemons. I'll say that the mercedes ML diesels (blutechs) have to be the worst. I've never met one previous ML BT owner who hasn't had major issues. This year alone i've racked up over $7k in repairs :yell:

I have a buddy his dad has a '07 GC srt when they first came out and no problems, one of the reason i'm looking into getting a GC srt. I would stay away from anything German at this point.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Have a 2001 GC, 200k, everything works, the only thing that stops me is the terrible tires the previous owner had on it.

I would definitely buy a new one if permitted. Plenty of friends have been looking at newer GC's. Seems like the go-to medium class SUV/Crossover.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Somewhere over 200k on mine. Been in this general state of use for over a decade. Got a transmission rebuild around 170k. Bout it beyond regular maintenance. Everything works, every button. Picture was taken at the top of the Eska Falls trail up above the Mat-su Valley, southern Alaska.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wife has a 14' Grand Cherokee Overland V8.
We have owned ton's of vehicles by every make.
She tells me this is the best vehicle we have ever owned. (Hondas, Infiniti's, GM etc)

Downside. She has a lead foot. 12-15mpg for her.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had a 2010 Grand Cherokee SRT8 for 4 years and never had a problem other than a bad rear shock. Was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
People in the States are so lucky, i'm still looking for a GC SRT, the new 2015 have the goliath wheels, black instead of chrome rings, emblem etc, and love the black/red interior. Found one in the states for $67k, here in BC its $82k + taxes :(.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts