Luxury4Play.com banner

Taking a weekend trip to SD, any recommendations?

996 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  white out 
#1 ·
I'm taking a mini trip to SD with the GF and wanted to ask if anyone could recommend any particular activities to do, places to eat, etc. We'll be staying in a hotel in the Gaslamp district. We're basically open to anything including shopping, gambling, beach, museums, bars/club, etc. I haven't been to SD in a while and not really familiar with the place but I know the city has lots to offer.

#6 ·
Old Town and the Gas Lamp district downtown are pretty nice at night. Parking is a nightmare I think, so I would pay for parking in a well lit lot, and walk all over. :) One of my fav restaurants is actually nowhere near downtown. It's called Zocalos. In case you are interested...

#8 ·
The hotel we're staying at is in the Gas Lamp so I'll be parking there and probably just walk/cab everywhere. Zocalos? Is that a 3 story club in TJ? I could've sworn I went there when I was still in college. I've been hearing that it's kinda sketchy on that side of the border lately though.

#9 ·
The gaslamp is the place to be at night. Just walk and check out the bars.

I like Lahina's on Pacific Beach. Tiny place with a huge porch directly on the beach. Finding a seat is very difficult. It's a dive, but has good fish tacos and cheap beer, it's cash only.

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.