Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a mini trip to SD with the GF and wanted to ask if anyone could recommend any particular activities to do, places to eat, etc. We'll be staying in a hotel in the Gaslamp district. We're basically open to anything including shopping, gambling, beach, museums, bars/club, etc. I haven't been to SD in a while and not really familiar with the place but I know the city has lots to offer.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If you want some amazing mexican food I'd head to Juanitas on the 101 in Encinitas. The whole Balboa Park is amazing, as is the scene around La Jolla and Del Mar. Also, mission bay has some sweet spots to hit.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
Was gonna take a trip too with some friends, but need to be at Supercar Sunday :-/

Swing by symbolic to check out there amazing showroom if you get a chance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want some amazing mexican food I'd head to Juanitas on the 101 in Encinitas. The whole Balboa Park is amazing, as is the scene around La Jolla and Del Mar. Also, mission bay has some sweet spots to hit.
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely hit that mexican spot and check out that park for some nice scenery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was gonna take a trip too with some friends, but need to be at Supercar Sunday :-/

Swing by symbolic to check out there amazing showroom if you get a chance.
It would've been nice to rendezvous in SD. I think my friend's brother is going to super car sunday in their family 599. That kid's like 19 :wow2:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Old Town and the Gas Lamp district downtown are pretty nice at night. Parking is a nightmare I think, so I would pay for parking in a well lit lot, and walk all over. :) One of my fav restaurants is actually nowhere near downtown. It's called Zocalos. In case you are interested...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Old Town and the Gas Lamp district downtown are pretty nice at night. Parking is a nightmare I think, so I would pay for parking in a well lit lot, and walk all over. :) One of my fav restaurants is actually nowhere near downtown. It's called Zocalos. In case you are interested...
The hotel we're staying at is in the Gas Lamp so I'll be parking there and probably just walk/cab everywhere. Zocalos? Is that a 3 story club in TJ? I could've sworn I went there when I was still in college. I've been hearing that it's kinda sketchy on that side of the border lately though.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
The gaslamp is the place to be at night. Just walk and check out the bars.

I like Lahina's on Pacific Beach. Tiny place with a huge porch directly on the beach. Finding a seat is very difficult. It's a dive, but has good fish tacos and cheap beer, it's cash only.

Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts