Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont care for the i8 at all... but this guy must be super pissed... possibly the first i8 damaged, luckily its not significant and appears to just be a parking-lot bump.

its likely one of the first delivered in thailand (red plates are from dealership), which is not surpising considering the cost of an I8 is over $350k USD to get one right now, if you were on a waiting list.

and yes, most thai drivers are absolutely abysmal when it comes to awareness of their surroundings, especially pulling into traffic.... the truck driver probably didnt even look.

Reactions: pip

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Whats with all the bad luck associated with new cars lately?

LaFerrari crashes, 918 burns up and now this...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Once a new car rolls out the lot, its a magnet. Someone is bound to hit it.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
And the the driver probably doesn't have insurance.
its possible they dont have damage insurance but unlikely because it is quite cheap here so most car owners have at least some level of it, since they can afford to buy a car.
however, the owner of the i8 is sure to have top class insurance, which covers everything and anything, so he will be fine.

medical coverage is mandatory and cheap, provided directly by the government when you register your vehicle for a license plate.

interesting fact, since damage insurance is totally separate from medical, the damage insurance is prepaid for the year here, and its attached to the vehicle not the driver. it does not matter who drives the vehicle at all, so if you sell it to a new owner that owner is also insured until the current paid premium is up.

the real problem for him will be the waiting time for repairs.... bodyshops here are notoriously slow, taking months sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts