Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

One of the most discussed topics in the automotive world is trying to find a vehicle that "does it all." The Ford F-150 is the best selling truck in North America to date. When it came time to get a new shop truck, the answer was obvious. TAG Motorsports retired its old workhorse for something a little more fun and effective for daily use. The turbocharged V-6 has been well received by F-series buyers and it is quite right for TAG as well.

A few days after this idea was thought of, a new 2012 Ford F-150 FX4 EcoBoost was at the shop. We quickly got to work on this truck and it was shortly off to get wrapped in matte-red. We want to show the TAG colors, but do it in a fun and different way. It is not too often you find a matte red F-150 running around the streets!

Ecoboost stats:

-EcoBoost V6 model Bone Stock makes 365-hp and 420 lb-ft of torque, with 90% of that torque at 1700 rpm.
-40 more pound-feet of torque than the V-8 (420 pound-feet total) and does so at a lower RPM
-Ecoboost F-150 gets 16/22 mpg, which beats the V-8 version
-Capable of towing 11,300lbs

After we got the truck wrapped, it was on to the wrenching! The end result was a beautiful work of art for the new TAG Motorsports F-150 shop truck.

Mod List:

-35" Goodyear MTR Tires
-17" KMC Enduro Beadlock Wheels Custom Coated Matte Black with BeadLock Ring Coated To Match Vehicle
-Front Suspension - Custom valved FOX 2.5" Reservoir Coilovers Giving Us 11.5" of Useable Travel
-Front Suspension - Camburg 1" Uniball Upper Control Arms Retaining The Factory 4WD System
-Rear Suspension - Custom Valved FOX 2.5" Reservoir Shocks Giving Almost 12" of Travel
-Custom Designed Factory Front Grill Integrating a 30" RIGID LED Light Bar
-AFE Cat Back Exhaust Ceramic Coated in Black
-Injen Intake
-BullyDog "TripleDog" Gauge/Tuner Custom Mounted in Dash
-ModernImage Burnt Red Wrap
-AMP Research Power Retractable Running Boards

We would like to give a shout out to our friends at the following companies for helping make this project happen!
GOODYEAR TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY
WHEEL PROS & KMC WHEELS
CAMBURG ENGINEERING
MODERN IMAGE
EVANS TIRE & SERVICE CENTERS

The final result.... A shop truck perfect for Running Parts or Towing Customer Vehicles - while doing 16+ MPG's ;)

For more information - Please visit us on the web at TAGMotorsports.com or give us a call at (888)920-1766

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any transmission shift issues with the BullyDog?
No we havent experienced any since they updated the software on the programmer. We had some initial issues but i believe they were all addressed in the new software update from BullyDog.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
You guys did a great job on that truck, glad to see someone is tricking out the ECO Boost I think they are pretty cool. I wonder what the other manufactures are coming up with to compete.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
you guys should hit up richerracing.com for some custom build/fab stuff. I detail his cars every couple of months and he has some good stuff coming out of the shop...full blown race trucks, prerunners, lift kits, bolt-ons, etc...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Looks great. I have 35" tires on my '12 FX4 and not getting anywhere close to 16MPG. I assume that is 100% highway driving for y'all?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.