Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these will ever get down to a more "tagish" price? I think 20k is more like it, 80k is a bit much. Would you agree?

·
10,594 Posts
A new watch of this caliber will never be sold new at a 75% discount. To get 75% off just an everyday average watch is very very rare. Keep in mind that this is an LE piece of only 150 world wide. If you are lucky, in a few years, you may be able to get one used maybe for 25k.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you're saying and would not expect 75% off retail, however I think the retail for a tag is crazy. It should be around 40k IMHO.

·
10,594 Posts
I would say that Tag took too big of a leap. They are known for $2K, 3K, 4K watches and suddenly they pull one out of their rear with a price tag of $80k. The conversation would go somethin like this: You spent how much on your Tag? Dang I got mine at Costco for $800. Not that the piece isn't special, its just not their audience/buying public. For those in the market to spend 80k on a watch they will be putting that into a piece with a name that warrants that price tag. What next, Invicta Tourbillons?

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I would say that Tag took too big of a leap. They are known for $2K, 3K, 4K watches and suddenly they pull one out of their rear with a price tag of $80k. The conversation would go somethin like this: You spent how much on your Tag? Dang I got mine at Costco for $800. Not that the piece isn't special, its just not their audience/buying public. For those in the market to spend 80k on a watch they will be putting that into a piece with a name that warrants that price tag. What next, Invicta Tourbillons?
i am gona get me a phaeton and drive around with the tag hanging out...like i know arnold palmer.

seriously though..I really liked this watch a lot...till i saw the price tag.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
80k for a Tag... haha. I love Tag and hold the F1 close to my heart. I wear it daily just about. However, I would never pay 10k for a Tag much less anymore. I'd say wearing an 80k Tag would depreciate like a Chrysler daily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts