Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
wondering if anyone has any sweet tacomas? i have a 2008 black access cab with a flomaster muffler and AFE cold air intake(insane sound) and WILL put icon coil overs with total chaos spindles in the future, just waiting till im done with school. but heres mine.. i have all-terrain tires on it so its a little better looking now than in the pictures:)

·
5,744 Posts
That post. Is full of win. Btw, what are your guys opinions on my front bug guard? Lose it or keep it on?
I'd lose it, personally. Any plans for the truck?

Here are a few of your year from my site........

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I dont really have any plans at this point. Im moving to San Luis Obispo in 8 days for college at Cal Poly and bringing the truck with me. Its a 2WD but has the TRD package. What would you recommend in terms of mods to a Taco like mine?

·
5,744 Posts
I dont really have any plans at this point. Im moving to San Luis Obispo in 8 days for college at Cal Poly and bringing the truck with me. Its a 2WD but has the TRD package. What would you recommend in terms of mods to a Taco like mine?
Nice, I live about 10mins from Cal Poly, north on the 57 a bit. There are TONS of things to do, just depends on how crazy you want to get. LIke anything, I can give recommendations from mild to wild.

-Markus-

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Nice, my grandparents and aunt and uncle live north in Paso Robles. I cant wait to move down. I'd definately enjoy a few mod's. I just had my front windows tinted yesterday, and I took off the bug guard tonight. I think rims would be a good start, and Id really love to take the truck out on the sand at Pismo, but Im not quite sure how a 2WD truck like mine would handle that sorta stuff. Ive only done some mild offroading (driving on our orchard in Chowchilla and dirt road running). Your shop does amazing work on these trucks. Im truly inspired.

·
5,744 Posts
Nice, my grandparents and aunt and uncle live north in Paso Robles. I cant wait to move down. I'd definately enjoy a few mod's. I just had my front windows tinted yesterday, and I took off the bug guard tonight. I think rims would be a good start, and Id really love to take the truck out on the sand at Pismo, but Im not quite sure how a 2WD truck like mine would handle that sorta stuff. Ive only done some mild offroading (driving on our orchard in Chowchilla and dirt road running). Your shop does amazing work on these trucks. Im truly inspired.
I wish I could take credit for all those trucks, but I didn't build them. I know plenty of people who can build them, but those are all just trucks in the picture shop on my site. I run a forum like L4P, but geared towards off road.

A good place to look for used wheels and tires is HERE. You can do a small lift, Long Travel, and on and on. It's a black hole of modifications, just like cars ha.

-Markus-

·
5,744 Posts
Thanks for the link! Any idea if my truck handle a little light Pismo action stock?
Yeah you can handle it. It's all about air pressure, and smart driving.

-Markus-

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Damn I'm gonna have to learn. Last time I drove on Pismo it was a Hummer H1 so getting stuck didnt worry me. Any idea on a price of a moderate lift kit thats kind of that prerunner style like posted above?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow those tacomas look SICK! tech, do you get hook ups on coils or anything?:) haha i reallllyyy want a pair of icon coils or this knock off brand that is the exact same thing that icon actually makes but doesnt put its name on it or something that ORW was going to give me for 500 bucks and i was hell ya but i didnt have enough for spindles:( so is there any way you guys get icon shocks or anything? and if you do, whats pricing for those and spindles if you get the chance:)

thanks,
taylor

·
5,744 Posts
I'll see what I can do for both of you guys. Benny, I'll work on some suggestions for your lift, and Sq, did you want some small replacement coilovers, and a lift spindle? WHat's your budget for both?

Like I said in the post above, I don't own a fab shop, but I do own a off road forum, and also know tons of people at big companies in the industry. So I'll check around, and see what's up.

-Markus-

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Here is my old Taco.

·
5,744 Posts
The most amazing thing about this beast, was the interior.

Benny, definitely. Whether it's off road or not, we'll get together for lunch one day when you get down here. I may not have a cool car, but my truck isn't bad.

Here is my old Taco.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts