Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been poste dbefore but I stumbled across what is without question one of the worst videos I've seen on youtube involving a LP560-4Blancpain Supertrofeo car @ Brno earlier in the year. Horrific crash and the aftermath is horrible to watch. Some of the poorest race marshalling I've ever seen. I know htese guys are volunteers and were probably ill equipped and inadequately trained to deal with the accident but damn... c'mon now, that's a man in there. Get him the f*ck out!!!!!

Sorry. If you've seen the video you'll already know what I mean. For those that haven't seen it, here it is. I warn you it makes for horrible watching.

Does anyone have any info on Giorgio Bartocci at all, how his recovery is going? The trail goes cold after the inital media frenzy and I'd love to know how he is doing. I understand he had 40% burns and suffered a few broken bones. :(

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
dam!! i see all the videos but never seen this one! holy shit!

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
did he hit a car leaving the pits??? that was crazy!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Is this the one that was posted but from a differant angle a while back? Really seems like a fail of the restraint system there. If it is the same crash he got squirrely and hit the barricade corner full force.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
He is really lucky that his harness didn't hold him in the car. Thankfully he was pulled by his crew. When I watch this, all I think is wtf were the track people thinking. Fvck a burning car, save the driver.

Nick

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
When I watch this, all I think is wtf were the track people thinking. Fvck a burning car, save the driver.

Nick
Especially as one of the first two on the scene seemed more intent on putting the track out than the car anyway!

Just unbelievable that they didn't go straight to the driver.

I know that maybe they're briefed to wait for the medics for fear of making a spinal injury worse/fatal, but to leave someone unconscious in a burning car and focus your shitty fire extinguisher elsewhere is beyond belief.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Reminds me of the ferrari crash a while back. 360 that Just exploded in flames and the driver was writhing on the ground, no one helping him. I forget the name of the driver but it was tragic!

·
Registered
55 Posts
That is just horrible :(

What gets me is why the first guy was spraying the back of the fucking car? Are you kidding me? Get the driver out!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Why did the competitors just drove by? In this case its more important to save one life and not to win
To be fair though, the drivers probably wouldnt be able to do much, and there is crew on the side ready if stuff like that happens, im sure they are praying for him to make it, but they have to avoid running into the burning car spinning around of the track, and leave the "professionals" to it.
(on a side note, the two guys first out there trying to stop the track from being on fire(?), must have lost their minds...)

Hope he recovers quick

·
Registered
185 Posts
Driver of Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 lost control and bumped into barriers. It was super Trofeo Lamborghini race at Brno circut.

Sunday, May 23
Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Official Statement

Following the incident in yesterdays round four of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo, after which the race was cancelled, a unanimous decision has been taken by all teams today to cancel the remainder of the weekends racing.

The driver of car number 22, Giorgio Bartocci, was taken to hospital following an accident at the start of the first race of the weekend. He remains in intensive care in hospital in Brno, where his condition is currently stable.

Rounds four, five and six of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo are therefore officially cancelled.

Info from SuperTrofeo Facebook page:
Tomas Cebula shortly, to end all speculations about the rescue process: ...that day in the evening his wife and her sister came to the hospital to see him...after two days he was transported to brno airport and flew back to rome...he was stabilized...he and his family were happy with the medical care, they even said that it was better than in italy...
From the other side

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, this is the opposite angle of the vids that have been posted previously...Never seen this one...It's brutal to see him in there...

so what happened to the halon system in that car?
Lol...Halon systems are for a small, contained engine fire; Not for a catastrophic crash where the fuel cell/tanks are completely ruptured and blasts a full load of fuel about.

I actually think the response was pretty good. I'd even say he was 'lucky' that this happened very close to the pits where there is a multitude of extinguishers and personnel. Had this happened on a blind hill, he would no longer be with us.

You have to give the people that were trying to extract him at first alot of credit...You have NO idea how hot it is being that close to a fire like that with no protective gear...You can wind up with 1st degree burns just being within 20 feet of a fire like that.

Wishing him a speedy recovery...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts