Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Picture 036 by Babystat, on Flickr
So, I honestly care more so for the 08 and I prefer the 5.0 (04-08) in general for the Gallardo series. To me the 5.2 (LP560/570/550) lost some bass and isn't as loud and the rev-matching isn't as ferocious as it is in the Gallardo 5.0 06-08 (04-05 isn't that great). But the 08 SL just seems more fun and more raw whereas the 2011 seems too techy :nerd: From what I have heard the 5.2 (LP560/570) is more refined than the 5.0 (04-08), I have never riden in or driven a 5.2 but I have riden in a 5.0 (Spyder) and it's a dream in my opinion.
The downshifts are LOUD AS HELL and it just felt more fun, yet to drive either one though (5.0 or 5.2):(. So, what do you guys think? 5.0 (08 SL) or 5.2 (LP570)

2008 Superleggera Stock

2011 Superleggera LP570 Stock

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts
011 over 08 anyday!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I prefer the 08 myself.
the 11 is a much better car overall though. more user friendly as well.

I will ask a friend of mine who has an 08 and is looking for an 11.
I would say 60% of a car for me is its sound....the 570 just isn't loud enough.
As for looks, I would just get an RSC retrofit for the front bumper and call it a day....

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
As for looks, I would just get an RSC retrofit for the front bumper and call it a day....
Won't an exhaust system just fix the problem? I don't have experience with the 11 so I can't give a valid opinion but in the videos 08>11 as afar as sound.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Won't an exhaust system just fix the problem? I don't have experience with the 11 so I can't give a valid opinion but in the videos 08>11 as afar as sound.
Well, I was talking stock. However, if one car is louder than the other stock, exhaust is only gonna make it louder....

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
You know Elijah, you can remove the muffler and resonator and it will be loud as shit! Looks, the 2011 wins but lambo has quietened down their cars for city use as more lambos are daily driven now so the vent systems don't allow exhaust noise until roughly 4500 rpm. Remove that system and it's loud the whole time.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I'd take this over both :D
omg yes.

:lol:

hard to decide between the two, without test driving i cant really make a good judgement but in terms of design, i think the 11 has some increased aesthetics over the 08

·
Gold Sponsor
231 Posts
The same exhaust on an '08 and '11 will sound totally different. The compression is higher on LP550/560/570 and, more importantly, the crank throws have been modified so that the LP cars have 90* crank throws and are odd-fire, as opposed to the 72* crank throw, even-fire early cars. This change made for a more rigid crankshaft and allowed them to raise the rev limit to 8500 RPM, at the tradeoff of some more low RPM second order vibrations. It's also what gives the LP550/560/570 that more guttural growl/bark as opposed to the smoother tone of the early cars.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The same exhaust on an '08 and '11 will sound totally different. The compression is higher on LP550/560/570 and, more importantly, the crank throws have been modified so that the LP cars have 90* crank throws and are odd fire, as opposed to the 72* crank throw, even fire early cars. This change made for a more rigid crankshaft and allowed them to raise the rev limit to 8500 RPM. It's also what gives the LP550/560/570 that more guttural growl/bark as opposed to the smoother tone of the early cars.
Your posts are completely loaded with knowledge! :bow1:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The LP Gallardo's are definitely a improvement, but regarding exhaust note, it will never sound like the previous car unfortunately. I feel the same thing happened to the Ferrari 360 and 430. The 360 has much better sounding engine then the 430.

Here is a 08 G SL with Kreis Sieg. No embedding so click on the link YouTube - Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera w/ Kreissieg F1 Exhaust **LOUD**

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The same exhaust on an '08 and '11 will sound totally different. The compression is higher on LP550/560/570 and, more importantly, the crank throws have been modified so that the LP cars have 90* crank throws and are odd-fire, as opposed to the 72* crank throw, even-fire early cars. This change made for a more rigid crankshaft and allowed them to raise the rev limit to 8500 RPM, at the tradeoff of some more low RPM second order vibrations. It's also what gives the LP550/560/570 that more guttural growl/bark as opposed to the smoother tone of the early cars.
In short, the LP560 isn't as loud as the 5.0 is what your saying?

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
a cross plane crank also helps with traction as well.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts