Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow members!

Can a Miami resident please give me some info about the wether in Miami during summer? A few friends says its perfect and some other says its raining all the time? Blogs etc says it can be rainy and that the best time to go to Miami is jan to april. Im thinking of going there july, august?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I went in January for a week and it was 80-85 during the day all week. I've also been in July and it randomly rains but it never lasted too long. I love Miami. Probably one of my favorite cities I've been to!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I visited the Miami- Ft Lauderdale area last April. It rained a lot, but I heard that it didn't rain for about a month before I was there. It was raining when I visited Lamborghini of Miami so i couldn't get a ride in one :(

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Rains everyday in most of Florida in the summer but as posted above it only lasts 20 minutes but when it rains it really really really pours. Florida summers are too hot for me but With this winter we've had I'd go in a second

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys... I took a safe card and booked Ibiza instead... Basicly went from "Miami 2 Ibiza".. Hahaha.. I will visit Miami though but maby around late Feb to early Mars next year.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Thanks guys... I took a safe card and booked Ibiza instead... Basicly went from "Miami 2 Ibiza".. Hahaha.. I will visit Miami though but maby around late Feb to early Mars next year.
If I were you I'd go early to mid February. It's the off season yet the heat is still bearable. The summer months are unbearable. High 90's with 100% humidity day and night. You'll have to change clothes at least 3 times a day if not more if you're the sweaty type. Weather patterns are weird there. You could be walking down the sidewalk while 4 blocks away there's a monsoon flooding the area. There are times I've sat at my window sipping a drink and watched two feet of rain drop in 30 minutes. What blew my mind when I first moved to Miami was it could be pitch black 3am yet it is still 89 degrees and I'm nearly drowning in sweat. the only safe places other than inside your car with the AC on is shops where they blast AC through their doors or walking on the beach where there's a constant breeze.

If you go in March you'll be overrun with Spring-Breaking vacationers from around the world. I can't put into words how chaotic South Florida is during March. The streets are wall-to-wall pedestrians at any time of the day or night, which means it will take you 3 hours to drive 2 blocks. Hit and runs are frequent with over 90 percent of the vehicular homicidal maniacs never getting caught. Night time is worse. You can literally park your car in the middle of Ocean Drive, walk to a bar, order a drink and drink it by the time your friend you left in the car starts the car up and drives a block before stopping again.

On any given day you'll either be stuck in the keys or you can't get into the keys because there's bumper-to-bumper traffic all the way down US-1 from Florida city to Islamorada. If there is a wreck on US-1 between Florida City and Key Largo, then you'll have to take Card Sound Road, which is miles out of the way. And if there's a wreck on Card Sound road too, yes it has been known to happen, then you're stuck in the middle of nowhere until they clear the road, which could be from an hour to 4 hours. Eventually you'll have to step outside of your car to take a breather, then you'll be attacked by mosquitoes that sting like African bees. Either way, if you decide to drive to the Florida Keys in March be sure you have a full tank of gas.

Nothing I said really matters, though, when you're drunk and surrounded by half naked women. Too busy to worry about humidity and sweat if you catch my drift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts