Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey guys, i love reading up on the all the watches you guys post up and review. Im constantly looking at the "what watch you wearing today" so it got me thinking, what is a popular watch i can wear for around $5,ooo. Now i own a Breitling Super Avenger, and i have a Breitling Skyland Avenger. I was thinking of getting a Cartier Santos 100XL but i dont know anybody who has it to see if its worth getting. Maybe an Omega speedmaster? Baume Mercier? Like the title says, my budget is up to $5k for now. Any suggestions would be great..thanks guys.

Attachments

·
7,022 Posts
I edited your post as it's against the rules to try and sell with less than 100 posts.

Assuming the rest of the post is genuine, I'd answer by suggesting the Radiomir options from Panerai. Several size options from 42-47mm and I think they're low profile enough to wear with a suit.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Radiomir is a great option. The Tag Heuer Monaco is another go to for me.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Radiomir and Portuguese for $5k? Second hand, I suppose?

Always a fan of Omega, so that gets a +1 from me.

Baume is a great watch, but not something I would run to for a suit watch.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
A lot of options. JLC Reverso comes to mind. Omega De Ville for under $3,000 (pre-owned), which I'd wear over a Speedmaster, as I see them pretty frequently. I'd probably go for a Datejust, but they're to my taste. Really just depends on your preference.

·
7,022 Posts
Radiomir and Portuguese for $5k? Second hand, I suppose?

Always a fan of Omega, so that gets a +1 from me.

Baume is a great watch, but not something I would run to for a suit watch.
Not that anyone should pay retail for a 380, but it retails for 4,700. I'd sell mine for less than 4k.

·
Registered
483 Posts
A lot of options. JLC Reverso comes to mind. Omega De Ville for under $3,000 (pre-owned), which I'd wear over a Speedmaster, as I see them pretty frequently. I'd probably go for a Datejust, but they're to my taste. Really just depends on your preference.
JLC makes some really nice watches, my favorite being the Reverso. I also am not a fan of the frequency in which I see Speedmasters---not to mention the tremendous variations they are now producing. Always a fan of the Seamasters, Aqua Terra can be very dress...and I wear my PO with a suit

Definitely going to have to second hand on a datejust tho. Buddy just bought your standard SS w/ white gold datejust for 7500-8k.

Not that anyone should pay retail for a 380, but it retails for 4,700. I'd sell mine for less than 4k.
Good to know. Thought all the Radiomirs were over $5k-- although I think you'd have to have some pretty substantial wrists to wear a 45mm as a dress watch--as dressy as the Radiomir case is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just want to say thank you for all the posts and suggestions. I take it none of you guys are fans of the cartier santos 100xl or thats just not a watch that comes to mind. Keep the models coming. Ill post my new watch the second i get it. Thanks again guys

·
Registered
444 Posts
Radiomir gets my vote. Wish I had $4k right now, or else I would already have your 380 blairtolar!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I just want to say thank you for all the posts and suggestions. I take it none of you guys are fans of the cartier santos 100xl or thats just not a watch that comes to mind. Keep the models coming. Ill post my new watch the second i get it. Thanks again guys
Santos is nice, but I'd prefer a Ballon Bleu if I was going for a Cartier dress watch. I also like the Baume Clifton, which is around $5k at retail.

Reactions: LaEnana

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
What do you mean "naked"?
Moar pics? hehe It's a play on old AOL chat rooms. Girls would do ASL with a description or dudes pretending to be girls would do the same and you'd say pics please or naked pics for trade lol Bad joke

1 - 15 of 15 Posts