Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Quick question for you. I currently have a Kenwood 2-din unit and have been looking for a digital tv tuner solution for quite some time. All the things I have been coming across on the internet are make-shift setups adapting an in-home unit for mobile use. This would be fine but the tuners all fail whenever the car is moving. :eek:hwell:

Does anyone out there make a tuner that holds a stable signal while a vehicle is in motion? What are my alternatives to over-the-air broadcast besides a Tracvision system?

Thanks for the help,
Jamison

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
FLO TV based on cellular signal pretty good channel line up and only $400 and $20 a month. The antenna is a little smaller than the average computer mouse not a huge dish like the Tracvision.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that FLO-TV only worked with monitors that were dedicated FLO-TV monitors. Do you have to buy a special monitor to make it work? Also, if you do is there video output to go to other video monitors?

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought that FLO-TV only worked with monitors that were dedicated FLO-TV monitors. Do you have to buy a special monitor to make it work? Also, if you do is there video output to go to other video monitors?

Thanks for the heads up.
Nope FlO TV works with any monitor setup it has a basic composite output so you can plug into just about anything they don't suggest using on larger than a 10" screen though. There is also some digital tuners on the market but they don't work everywhere only major cities as of yet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
FLO TV is currently on the market to have that portion of the company sold off due to poor sales....just a word of caution.

as far as Mobile Digital receivers go, The problem has been a long standing law that they must include analog signals :(

however!! The good news is that just recently the industry got approved to sell the digital only units. The law goes on the books in October :cool:

MANY companies have had models ready to ship...but couldnt legally do so. :(

sooooo, hold off a few months and you'll see a ton of them flood the market :D

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm still hunting for other options.

I'm actually thinking of selling my Tracvision. I love it, I just don't use it.
If you decide to rid it then shoot me a PM.
Do you have any kids? If so, you might be killed if you go off and sell this. Haha.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
hahaha, nope, no kids. My nephews and nieces watch it a bit more than I do.

Shoot me a PM with an offer. I'm willing to part with it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
For basic Digital TV for Car I have either TrackVision, Flo-TV and Accel makes a basic DTV tuner and antenna for around 300.00. You will get most local DTV brodcast in your area. I have units in Stock and Ready to Rock. Free Shipping.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Came across this and it looks pretty cool. Guy is using a Slingbox at home, Slinbox application on iPhone, and then connecting iPhone to in dash unit for cable/satellite on-the-go. Tons of videos of others doing this on Youtube. Anyone tried this?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
updated

1 - 12 of 12 Posts