Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever thought about offering a crystal replacement service? Seems like everyone and their grandma here owns a sonbol, tw steel, welder or some other $800 big chunk of finest chinese steel with a mineral glass crystal that gets scratched if you look at it the wrong way, and I'm sure quite a few would be willing to pay a pretty penny to make their scratch magnet scratchproof. You can source oversized sapphires dirt-cheap with your connections and it would take a blind 10 year old about 5 minutes to install, meaning easy money for you and less headaches for all the dinner plate wearers out there. Not trying to flame or bash anything or anybody, just throwing an idea out there ;)

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
He already does.

·
Banned
4,072 Posts
lum-tecs have sapphire crystals, some lum-tecs have swiss movements, their customer service is amazing, their PVD coating is thick. They are limited in numbers and Chris has gone out of his way in the past to help non lum-tec customers with their personal watches for free.

All the nooblits need to know that. There has been a ton of bashing on lum-tec recently on this forum and there is no reason. They are a sponsor so they have a backing here with our members.

/rant

·
Registered
633 Posts
If mineral crystal scratches are a problem then don't buy watches with mineral crystals, save your $$$ and buy the sapphire version instead. Life moral...don't settle, and you get what you pay for.

Lum-tec is a good product and has quality parts and that is what you want in a watch anyway(sapphire crystal, eta movements, solid construction, size that allows strap options), just keep that in mind when you are making a purchase...sponsor product or not.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
All the nooblits need to know that. There has been a ton of bashing on lum-tec recently on this forum and there is no reason. They are a sponsor so they have a backing here with our members.

/rant

...and not just cuz they're a sponsor do they have our backing- a lot of us here own one or more.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
all my lum-tec's have sapphire crystals and a matter of fact, I am sending one of my Bull45's to Lum-Tec to have the clear sapphire replaced with a phantom sapphire.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was not talking about his lum-tec line. I was suggesting he could start a service where he would replace sratched-up mineral crystals on sonbols, tw steels, welders and other fashion brands with scratch-proof sapphire - for a nice chunky fee, of course. Don't you people know how to read?

·
Banned
4,072 Posts
why would a watch manufacturer want to fix other watch crystals? That is like saying "BMW should offer a service to fix my Kia"

Go to a watch repair shop if you want to swap a crystal. I'm sure lum-tec has other things on their plate(like running their own watch company) then setting up a service to swap watch crystals.

·
Registered
570 Posts
if they could make a profit at it why WOULDNT they? bring your kia to any chevy dealer and see if they wont change the oil for you. who cares what brand it is? my girl just had her wrangler fixed at the toyota body shop cause they have a great reputation where i live. guess who keeps the profits? i really dont care if lum tec does this or not but there could be some money to be made if the interest is there.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and here come the insults...im done with this thread.
Ignore pancho, he obviously doesn't get to be a tough guy in real life and tries to make up for it online :)

On a more serious note, it could be a pretty sweet gig for someone who runs a watch shop. Sapphires can be sourced dirt-cheap if bought in bulk, and it would take a most 10 minutes to install one. I bet at least some would be willing to pay $150 or more to permanently fix their $800 watch that ends up looking like a $10 casio after a few unfortunate encounters with walls and such, and there must be thousands of sonbols out there. That's easily a $100 profit per watch, not bad for a few minutes worth of work.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I will leave it to the watch repair facilities. There are too many different sizes we would have to carry on hand. We are more focused on OEM production.

That said, anyone could learn very easily how to change crystals. With about $1000-$1500 in proper tools, and about $3-8,000 in various size sapphire supply you could start a small business upgrading mineral glass to sapphires. Sapphires are sold in .1mm increments.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Ignore pancho, he obviously doesn't get to be a tough guy in real life and tries to make up for it online :)

On a more serious note, it could be a pretty sweet gig for someone who runs a watch shop. Sapphires can be sourced dirt-cheap if bought in bulk, and it would take a most 10 minutes to install one. I bet at least some would be willing to pay $150 or more to permanently fix their $800 watch that ends up looking like a $10 casio after a few unfortunate encounters with walls and such, and there must be thousands of sonbols out there. That's easily a $100 profit per watch, not bad for a few minutes worth of work.
How is this racist ass still a member??????:eek:hwell:

·
10,594 Posts
It is rather interesting how an individual who regularly refers to this forum as a forum full of "lemmings" and 18 year old subsidized "monkeys" is still around. He also has a habit of removing or altering his more insulting comments after about a day or two of having posted them.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
It is rather interesting how an individual who regularly refers to this forum as a forum full of "lemmings" and 18 year old subsidized "monkeys" is still around. He also has a habit of removing or altering his more insulting comments after about a day or two of having posted them.
use the report-a-post Sal!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts