Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm feeling appreciably better than I have for several years and am buying up some clothing. Looking at an Abboud sport coat, a couple shirts, a couple pants from Brooks Brothers, a couple belts, a couple ties, and probably a pair of shoes from the Allen Edmonds factory store in Wisconsin. That's down pat so I need input for casual wear.

I need two button-down dress shirts with no pockets - one black, one white. I didn't see much beyond a Kenneth Cole shirt, until I made the mistake of looking at a Hugo Boss store, then Zenga and Theory at Neiman Marcus. The black Theory shirt is just under $200; the white is just over. I want these, would care for them, and would get plenty of use from them, but while the shirts are sick, so are the prices. Anyone have other brands I should shop?

One shirt I'm eyeing.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Don't even bother with those. Find a local tailor and have a shirt custom made to your shape. There is no comparison between a tailored outfit and an expensive name brand shirt.

·
Registered
661 Posts
For that price I would go custom. I would ask around in your area for decent tailors. Nice custom shirts from decent material range from ~$60 and up.

Edit: Forfend beat me to it.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hadn't thought about that. I'm from Chicago's north shore; any idea where to go? One thought is Syd Jerome but I'm not sure that's something they do.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
If you just need the two shirts, Macy's or Nordstrom's can easily adjust two shirts. Why do you need a black shirt?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's for casual out-of-office wear; top two buttons left open, sometimes roll up the sleeves a bit. Just always wanted a jet-black shirt and this Theory shirt feels amazing.

Edit: am I wrong to look at these? I know I'm young to look at Zenga and Theory-quality clothing, but I don't get much and take good care of what I own. Figured it would make sense to get something I feel great in and appreciate.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the black Theory shirt - it's very fine. Far better than the J-Crew stuff I've been wearing, and it likely won't fall apart after a year the way J-Crew stuff does. Nice to have nice stuff!

Thank you for everyone's input.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ive gotten a couple shirts from moderntailor.com A bit pricey but well worth it. I have a 16.5" neck and 32/33 length. Ive always had "wing" problem. Blanklabel.com is on the cheaper side for more casual stuff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts