Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to stream movies located on a Win XP computer data server (NAS) to an older TV (with video RCA imputs, no network, USB, HDMI or other connectors) in another part of the house. How do I do it? Is it easy, without adding too much paraphernalia? It must be somehow, since I see it done all the time.

Any installers here know what I need to make this happen? I presume I need to attach a black box to the TV, so that I can plug the cat45 from the server into, and choose what file to play off the TV screen file or folder menu? Does such a device exist? Is there another way? Any advice appreciated!

·
Registered
419 Posts
a cheap easy way is to buy an xbox360 or ps3 and stream across the net work.

if you don't want a video game system doing it look into media extenders

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

Found a better, cheaper, and very easy way now. WD TV Live. $150. Done!

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Found a better, cheaper, and very easy way now. WD TV Live. $150. Done!
So many possibilities to be honest, Popcorn Hour is what I can think of while on TapaTalk.

·
Registered
132 Posts
hahaha was just about to say WDTV, if you utilize all the USB ports with a 2TB hard drive you will have enough media for a long time before you have to update the hard drives.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
i have a viewsonic vmp75 for that. plays any file you can throw at it. perfectly. it has some other features like youtube and crap but i dont use them. streams full hd videos from my server w/o a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts