Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking for a replacement for a DB9, I found this strange Continental GT:

Exportwagen - Customize Carview Car View

It looks very strange, with a lot of element taken from the Bentley GT3 (Paint, front bumper), but with a regular interior and none of the more "extreme" part of the GT3 such as the bonnet or the rear wing....it even has the ACC!

It is advertised to be quite a bit more powerful as well (640bhp)

It is a well known dealer, so I thought I would submit to L4P sagacity :bow1:

Is it an official car, or something made up from various parts, or a special order?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did some research (google :D) and could not find a bodykit that looks similar to this. I never heard of Bentley building a car like that and I think they would have made some serious noice about a new version of the Continental V8. I guess it is a one off build by a dealership or a less known tuner.
Power upgrade seems to be from mtm though, they offer the same amount of power for the GT
Bentley new Cont. GT Tuning - 4,0 V8 373 kW (507 hp)
Anyway I like the looks a lot, would definetely buy it if I had the money and if the car would not have the stickers.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
It's just a mild clone of the GT3 racecar. Would look better if it was caged and had the rear wing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well our local dealer looked it up, and apparently it is a MTM powerkit, and the car is an order from the dealer to the factory.
It really reminds me of the "Bentley Boys" type of Bentley. This looks like it should race a train somehow...I like it but I don't think it is special to the point of being more expensive than a GT Speed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's not factory, it's an aftermarket bodykit. I got across one of these a long time ago, so I don't remember the manufacturer of the kit, but it was about 20k for the carbon parts only...

·
Registered
17 Posts
that's a personal customization that a customer made on his Conti GT, inspiring him on the GT3 that was rumoured to be built but as it seems it will never be produced by Bentley.
The changes that this kit car Bentley receives include a bare carbon rear diffuser, big side skirts, racing livery and a new front bumper with huge air intakes. As for the engine, it's right..there's an MTM power upgrade takes the car’s 4.0-liter V8 up to 638 horsepower

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.