Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've filmed this fantastic one-off Koenigsegg Agera R, built for a client who want to go skiing with this car, during the 81° Geneva Auto Show 2011. While I'm filming I also saw Christian von Koenigsegg that was opening the thule ski rack on the roof of the car. Enjoy the video =)

YouTube - Koenigsegg Agera R

·
Registered
351 Posts
That car was recently sold to the prince of Qatar to add to his collection of turquoise cars. The Thule rack is an option when you order the Agera / Agera R @ 15,000 euros. comes with 2 pairs of skis and boots.

·
Registered
452 Posts
the Agera R is such a good looking car and that ski rack actually looks really cool as well! I wonder if the skis and boots say Koenigsegg on them haha

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm surprised it wasn't purchased by Jon Olsson. He was the first to start this trend of supercars with ski racks on his gallardo and lp670 SV.

4594309390_da5fc02b42.jpg
DMC_Jon_Olsson_Gallardo_P2.jpg

·
Gold Sponsor
3,967 Posts
It still looks fantastic. Perfect for those whose driving season does not end when the snow starts to fall.

·
Registered
976 Posts
That car was recently sold to the prince of Qatar to add to his collection of turquoise cars. The Thule rack is an option when you order the Agera / Agera R @ 15,000 euros. comes with 2 pairs of skis and boots.
Correction. Although it was purchased by one of the princes of Qatar it remained the same color. The turquoise K'segg is for another prince who has all of his cars in turquoise. So basically 2 Agreas in Qatar that I know of.

·
Registered
137 Posts
not exactly strange. thats how it was made from the factory, from what ive read it has winter tires on it and is equipped to drive up to a ski resort and then just drive on the streets :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'd love to take that thing to the slopes AND the beaches. You can throw in kite- and wakeboarding gear as well... what more could you ask for. Even the dog fits into the co-driver's seat.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
I read that the concept was to travel with the rack full of gear, with the standard top in the front compartment. Once arriving at the destination, take the top with the rack off the car; put the standard top on, and drive with that.

It's a great idea IMO.

Nick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts