Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between these two companies? Is one better than the other? I am looking for a nice affordable pilot watch. Are they durable, heavy etc.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also found another company by the name of "Archimede." Has anyone had any experience with this company as well?

·
5,744 Posts
Steinhart, Stowa, Laco, Archimede, Debaufre. I personally am focusing on Steinhart myself, but I think any one of those is a quality Pilot for the price.

-Markus-

·
3,114 Posts
I used to own a Stowa Airman Date and I currently own the Steinhart Uhr 47mm. Stowa has more history as a true German company... but I find that their watches are just too small and toooo light for my taste. That is why I ended up selling my Airman Date, the damn watch was 70 something grams... waaaay too light for me since I am used to bigger watches. It just didn't feel substantial on my wrist. The Steinhart on the other hand, is rather big at 47mm. It of course feels very substantial... both watches are great quality for the price... and of course Steinhart is cheaper. Both use ETA movements so they are both reliable in that aspect.

·
3,114 Posts
I forgot to mention that Archimedes feels like a Stowa on the wrist... so too light IMHO. If you want something substantial and "heavy", only Steinhart at that price point will give you that.

Steinhart just gets crap for not being a true German brand like Stowa and Archimede but at the end of the day it is the watch that you like that matters.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right now i have a Bell & Ross BR01-92 does it feel something like that as far as the weight of the watch? If i want a Steinhart the only place I can get it from is their website?

·
3,114 Posts
Right now i have a Bell & Ross BR01-92 does it feel something like that as far as the weight of the watch? If i want a Steinhart the only place I can get it from is their website?
Yeah, feels something like the BR01-92.

Yup, that is the only place to get them from... directly from the manufacturer. Gunter, the boss is a very nice guys and will reply personally to all the emails sent to him.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Luv my Archimede

I like my Archimede. It is 42mm but the crystal fills the whole front. It is light but super well made. there are larger sizes and if u buy the solid caseback they weigh more. I don't need every watch to feel heavy. Got my BR 01-92 for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts