Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Name is Fortis Clothing, market is both surf/skate and designer styling (starting in the Affliction type area)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Are you looking for marketing info? Financing info? Manufacturing?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so far we have the name (took forever to find one that wasn't already taken), email, and i have just made a FB page.

Right now we need some tips on the manufacturing aspect of it.
Our idea is to start of with hand making each shirt, then once we get some return, having them printed.

·
Registered
679 Posts
2 things:

1.SEO
2.SEO

Thank me later.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Check out Quora.com people have some good advice for businesses. Agree w/JC alot of competition. What makes you different from all the other t-shirt companies?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are you wanting to have your apparel produced from scratch? Or buy bulk from a tshirt manufacture and have someone print them?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you for all the tips so far guys, much appreciated!!

Rossi- ill get back to you on that asap!

Super- we are going to start off with hand made, then once we can get a stronger financial foot hold, move to printing.

I should add, this is my first start up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
thank you for all the tips so far guys, much appreciated!!

Rossi- ill get back to you on that asap!

Super- we are going to start off with hand made, then once we can get a stronger financial foot hold, move to printing.

I should add, this is my first start up.
Nice, have you found someone to manufacture the shirts? Might want to crunch some numbers and see the price difference from having shirts manufactured from scratch vs. buying good tshirts wholesale and having them printed.
American Apparel, Alstyle, and ect. sell wholesell I buy from them, and they sell tear away tags so you can rebrand them with your own personal brand.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
2 things:

1.SEO
2.SEO

Thank me later.
I think I remember starting an seo type thread, and it basically came down to "Do I have 10k or more for an SEO campaign?"..."no?"..well forget it.

For guys making their shirts one-by-one..maybe seo isn't in the cards...

·
Registered
826 Posts
Name is Fortis Clothing, market is both surf/skate and designer styling (starting in the Affliction type area)
You might want to rethink that name, Fortis is the name of a large European bank. (Currently BNP-Paribas-Fortis)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You might want to rethink that name, Fortis is the name of a large European bank. (Currently BNP-Paribas-Fortis)
Because we're US based, we should be ok (any copy-write issues)
Given that we are local, there should not be any problems, especially given that we are not incorporated. When incorporate, and there are problems posed with the name, then we can always change. Let's get it running and then worry about the name. ;)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
get some "dope" (i think that's what my daughter calls em) skaters to represent and youtube the shit out of em in your product.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 43 Posts