Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
The car's a roller, as in you acquired it without the original drivetrain, and at 3500 miles? Or it's an unmolested 3500 mile car and you've pulled the drivetrain?

If the former, then go for it (so long as you don't have access to the original parts). If the latter, please, please reconsider. Lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car's a roller, as in you acquired it without the original drivetrain, and at 3500 miles? Or it's an unmolested 3500 mile car and you've pulled the drivetrain?

If the former, then go for it (so long as you don't have access to the original parts). If the latter, please, please reconsider. Lol.

I got it has a 2600 miles with no mods other then what ford did to it with the vortech V1.

But yes I'm gutting it and doing the swap. I know mustang guys will hate that.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I take it "just roller 3500 miles" was a typo then- vice, rolled*. I guess I should have picked up on that.

I don't consider myself a Mustang guy, per se. But yes, I do hate it. Why not gut and modify another fox? A mint '93 Cobra, as I'm sure you're aware, is a valuable car at 3500 miles. Well into the $20k's and only climbing. I don't so much mind the sacrilege aspect, I fail to understand the financial one.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I take it "just roller 3500 miles" was a typo then- vice, rolled*. I guess I should have picked up on that.

I don't consider myself a Mustang guy, per se. But yes, I do hate it. Why not gut and modify another fox? A mint '93 Cobra, as I'm sure you're aware, is a valuable car at 3500 miles. Well into the $20k's and only climbing. I don't so much mind the sacrilege aspect, I fail to understand the financial one.
This this this! Not to mention this car will go up in value and will be the next one to buy at auctions (predicted)

I would STRONGLY re consider.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This this this! Not to mention this car will go up in value and will be the next one to buy at auctions (predicted)

I would STRONGLY re consider.
I'm not one for messing with a sexy car. But I want to do it, plus I never really sell anything. Only if the money is great, but I just put them in my other shop and leave them there.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
do they come with that blower factory?

I met a guy here in Texas with one or 2 and some other neat stang stuff he had an old CS also

·
Registered
610 Posts
My bad, just noticed the Purple Heart plates. I don't mind asking questions in here, but I can go to PM if you'd prefer to keep this thread clean. I'd like to know more about the car. When the Vortech, headers, etc went on, where the original parts all are, etc. If they aren't present, that changes the dynamic a bit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My bad, just noticed the Purple Heart plates. I don't mind asking questions in here, but I can go to PM if you'd prefer to keep this thread clean. I'd like to know more about the car. When the Vortech, headers, etc went on, where the original parts all are, etc. If they aren't present, that changes the dynamic a bit.
Ford put the blower on a few 93 cobra with vortech for a low run. The only parts I have taken off it so after is the EGR and rear upper and lower control arms. I have all the stock parts I took off. I did replace the radio but I have the stock one still. Speakers I did throw away, but put in nice OEM replacement ones.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
do they come with that blower factory?

I met a guy here in Texas with one or 2 and some other neat stang stuff he had an old CS also

Ya ford and vortech did it in the mid 90s. They also did it to some of the gen 1 lightnings too.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think you've got your PMs disabled.

Willing to talk about a bit if you're interested. You're not far off of what I'd offer. ([email protected]) should you feel like opening comms. If not, no worries. I'm not going anywhere.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts