Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this SSC Ultimate Aero at last summer's Gumball 3000 Rally. At the time I had no idea what the car was, but I knew I liked its unique look and it sounded mean. The conversation in the video is rather comical as bystanders try to figure out which car we are all viewing :)

(I don't think most of you have seen this video as I took it before I knew about L4P. Figured I would share it. Enjoy!)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Your right that thing really does sound mean. I heard about it before as being the only car with perhaps a higher top speed than the veyron so thats awesome that you saw one in person

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right that thing really does sound mean. I heard about it before as being the only car with perhaps a higher top speed than the veyron so thats awesome that you saw one in person
Thanks for sharing that info about the SSC vs. the Veyron. That's cool to know...

Yep, only after I got the video and went home to research the car did I realize what I had actually seen. So it goes in learning about supercars :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Ive always been a big fan of that car. Good reviews on it too. Very nice.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
the 9ff gt9 was slower than the SSC but the gt9r 'should' be faster - but has yet to be 'verified'.

Record-Breakers
The 9ff outfit has hammered seven top-speed records into submission with heavily modified Porsches since the company's inception in 2001, including the title for the world's fastest cabriolet. But company principal Jan Fatthauer, formerly an apprentice at Brabus, always wanted to go further, and so after three years of development his own GT9 supercar was unleashed last year and touched 254 mph on an oval course, 2 mph faster than the Bugatti Veyron.

It would comfortably have become the world's fastest production car, but the SSC Ultimate Aero TT went and spoilt it all with a run that was 1 mph faster. So the R version of the 9ff GT9 — intended initially to be a track-only machine in the vein of the Ferrari FXX — has suddenly become street-legal in a bid to beat the record and satisfy customer demands. Only 20 of these cars will see the light of day, and each one will be different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.