Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the new hypercar, or in the case of the Koenigsegg One:1, megacar news as of late I was wondering what is going on with the SSC Tuatara? Last I've heard they completed the dyno testing of the 1350 hp engine. This data was released almost a year ago and I haven't heard anything since. I was under the impression that the car was being targeted for a late 2014 release however with the car not on display at the last pebble beach, the Dubai Auto show or Geneva Auto show I doubt that we will be seeing the car this year. Does anyone know what's going on? Any news on the production date?
SSC Tuatara.jpg

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
i heard rumors of money issues, looking for investors..... but nothing solid.

was really looking forward to this car... i hope it becomes a reality

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard rumors of money issues, looking for investors..... but nothing solid.

was really looking forward to this car... i hope it becomes a reality
You had me do some more digging and I came across 2 articles (1 & 2). Apparently SSC started construction on a new facility so that they can increase production of their cars. Construction of the facility didn't begin until last May so that is the likely reason for the hold up. What was most interesting is one article talked about a "more affordable" model in the future. An SSC at a starting price point of $300,000 targets Lamborghini, Ferrari, and McLaren's flagship models, which will make things quite interesting if those plans come to light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts