Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
To Njave's point--You have a lot of choices with what types of airports you fly into and aren't going to be interfacing with the general public at the majority of these executive airports. In fact unless you've got a jet most people would probably never see the plane. For example the executive airport in Miami was 9 miles away from MIA and off the beaten path. Most we fly into are the same. Totally different deal than the lack of privacy issues he was referring to I believe...
Your exactly right. The general public will almost never see these jets. I even know a few ballplayers who have a picture of their face on the side of their jet:) LOL

·
Registered
395 Posts
You must be very important to be in flown in and out of airports on company Jet. Lucky..., but I gotta say with those figures, the company would save insane money even if you put you on First Class every trip everywhere. 5-10G's an HOUR. Oh my....
Have you ever flown with the Air Lines? Do you know how much time is wasted waiting in airports? Do you know you dont have any privacy even in first class to work on highly sensitive company information?

Time is money. If you put a few execs on an Air Line in First Class they cant work. Then with the wasted time in airports, there is a lot of time wasted when paying these people $50,000-200,000+ a month. With a private jet you drive to the plane and get in. I have no idea what the OP does, nor does it matter, but a company doesnt have to own a jet. Owning is pretty expensive, but worth it if its used. Google owns a small fleet of jets as do most companies of that size. But if you are a smaller company fractional ownership isnt that expensive, but then you dont really have the continence factor of leaving whenever you want.

Now if only I could con my way onto a private jet....

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
thanks for sharing this - i've often wondered if in fact jet ownership can ever be practical.. even if it isn't, i suppose privacy will often trump practicality

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
thanks for sharing this - i've often wondered if in fact jet ownership can ever be practical.. even if it isn't, i suppose privacy will often trump practicality
No. Lol! It is not very practical, but when you are busy and like to be on your own time and not have to worry about waiting at an airport, getting delayed, weather (and yes, I can explain this...you can basically fly in any weather as there are some ways around storms), security, etc. Jet ownership is expensive, but can certainly be rationalized.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Oddly for his privacy, you can still locate his jet, I have less profile friends that have there jet blocked. Here is the tracking of the plane FlightAware > N236MJ
Seems it hasn't flown in a while.

To the OP, not that you would know this, but any idea why your company maintains a G2 and not a more efficient aircraft. They have extremely high fuel cost per mile and lack many technology updates that improve safety and convenience. From my understanding for only a little more money much better options are available.

Also to those who don't understand that private aviation is the most private way to fly, if you go commercial people see you at the airport, privately you are usually among people who also want there privacy respected too. Most private jet owners, like the Vikings paint there jet, but most would never know because its always in its hanger when not flying.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oddly for his privacy, you can still locate his jet, I have less profile friends that have there jet blocked. Here is the tracking of the plane FlightAware > N236MJ
Seems it hasn't flown in a while.

To the OP, not that you would know this, but any idea why your company maintains a G2 and not a more efficient aircraft. They have extremely high fuel cost per mile and lack many technology updates that improve safety and convenience. From my understanding for only a little more money much better options are available.

Also to those who don't understand that private aviation is the most private way to fly, if you go commercial people see you at the airport, privately you are usually among people who also want there privacy respected too. Most private jet owners, like the Vikings paint there jet, but most would never know because its always in its hanger when not flying.
You are absolutely right! Plus time is money is usually the single most reason anyone will fly private.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You are absolutely right! Plus time is money is usually the single most reason anyone will fly private.
Time is money and with today's technology, a private jet allows corporations to use them to; conduct group discussions pre-meeting, work on a project as a team, do a recap after a operation, and so on. Today's commercial airlines hamper productivity for business professionals, especially the lack of in-air internet and telephone.

I am a huge advocate for corporations to use private jets through fractional ownership/charter to be more efficient.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm surprise he isn't in a new G650. Thanks for sharing.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts