Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys,

started on a new project and want to share with you..

I'm pasting this from another website where I have my build thread there :D to much work to do this all over again...

anyways enjoy

Whats up guys

Just want to share my build.

so I bought this Jeep from NY and drove it all the way to Denver. 2000+mi drive.

Day I picked it up

we made a quick stop at the Wrangler plant in Toledo Ohio

and continued our Journey

the plan is to make it a daily driver and an awesome four wheeler. low stance big tires. and a bullet proof drive train.

so build sheet is as follows:

- JK D44 axles front and rear. <----- have front/ looking for rear
- TNT truss and brackets. <----- on it's way
- 2.5" lift (really not sure at this point if I should do OME lift or make my own from parts)
- 1" body ( hate body lifts but gotta install one to belly up)
- 37" Tires (MTRs or TOYO MTs)
- 17" MOAB wheels (took those of my bros JK) <----- have/ not installed
- bumpers (undecided)
- 9.5TI winch
- AEV hiline kit <----- have/ not installed
- factory soft top <----- done
- factory half doors <----- done
- Harness for ipod control from RBQ <----- done
- Kelby hiline rockers <----- have/ not installed
- get rid of all the chorme <----- done
- clear marker and signal lights. <----- done
- black headlight rings. <----- done
- Paint Hard top inside out <----- done
- paint Jeep Flat gun metal gray <----- final mod

*note that not everything is listed here and might update as we go!

this build will take a while since i'm working on this and the JK. the JK is almost at completion. I'm really not a good multitasker. I'm also trying to do as much of the work as possible. but it gets to a point where I either don't have the knowledge or time to do it. so then it goes to the shop to get whatever needs to be done done!

so here is the LJ next to my JK

here is the front JK housing that I picked up.

cutting the brackets off and inspection

and the finished product

I placed an Order last night for the TNT truss/ bracket kit. man is that expensive! 1000$ for the front and rear! :mad:

should expect it to show up some time late next week.

that's all I have for now. I will post more as things progress. :thumbsup:

sorry about this long post.

let me know if you guys have any comments/ suggestions/ recommendations

Thanks

Lo2aY

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are some pics of the hardtop. to get an idea of what it looks like ;)
sorry about the cell pics. but thats what I had on me when I went to check it out.

so it's a two tone gray. really hard to see with the light and texture! the sides are dark gray which turned out almost black. the inside is a lighter gray. initially, I wanted to do it one color on the inside! but then decided to go creative with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the hardtop with a fresh paint on the outside!

here are some pics of the Wheels after the blast and the rear JK44 prior to demolition :p

they will be 10% gloss black and will match all armor and bumpers!

rear 44

here is the Truss build sheet from TNT.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right now

I have the hardtop installed and waiting on the Truss kit from TNT.

also ordered aftermarket shafts, knuckles, ball joints, Tierod, gears, ARB Locker

pretty much the front will be complete. once I get all the parts for it by the end of this week! more on that later.

Target completion Feb. 2011

peace out

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
is that a m109r? in the garage?

the jeep looks nice...a question...what kind of mpg do you get with the jk?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm getting somewhere from 16 - 18 mpg in the city depending how i'm driving it.

really not that bad considering what it is and it weighs somewhere in the 8000+lbs

So I have an update!

got the top installed and the glass back in. problem with the two tone interior paint is that it's not showing as much as I wish it did. you cant see it in the dark, and even in the day time it's kinda hard to see. i'll snap some pics of that once I get a chance.

Also picked up the body, motor lift, Teraflex belly up and Tera lower adjustable control arms. rears only for know.

rear axle is almost cleaned up from all the brackets. just shaving the excess metal. once i'm done with that I will start on the body lift and lower control arms. :rtft:

never installed one before so I hope it's a good experience.

I ordered the Trax adapter for the axles. I will install the JK Rubi stock wheels and tires on it to see how I like it and also drive around with it like that for a while. the tires that are on it are getting bold and wearing funny.

Wheels should be done from powder coat tomorrow. so I'm interested to see how it turned out!

Thanks

Lo2aY

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update

Wheels are done here are some pics. I threw the factory Rubi tires on it for now. I will rock it with the body lift until I figure out what I want to do with a suspension setup. I'm installing the BL and TT tonight with no susp lift. I hope I don't have issues with the driveshaft. more on that later.

tires loaded up and heading to Discount tire to get them mounted.

here they are all waiting to be installed on the LJ

close up

and the top. it's got some flake to it. just hard to see in the shade!

inside shots. really nice. i'm suprised that the factory never had a different color than white! it's freakin ugly with a white interior!

again it's hard to see the contrast in the dark. but I'll try to take some pro shots to show it. :thumbsup:

Luai

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the jeep out of the garage. Finished the body lift and motor lift. Also installed the belly up and new wheels. Jeep should have came like this from the factory with a name like "black rock" or something. It looks really nice :thumbsup:

Now to the problems. Well I didn't install the control arms because I'm super tired and need to get some rest. I put a big *** dent on the oil pan. That needs to be replaced. Also one of the bolts that hold the engine puk on the bottom sidenwill not go in any further. Tried lifting the engine again to get it going but no luck.

Tomorrow I need to figure out how to do the control arms. Since I only have one floor Jack and 3 stands. Don't know how I can shift the pinion angle to match. So I need to do some math and thinking.

I know you guys want pics. I'll have those tomorrow. I hope I never have todo an ML ever again. What a pain in the *** :mad:

Luai

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow.. can't believe I haven't been posting pics of this build..

don't know where to start since I last posted but things have moved a lot.. actually it's a day away from being complete..

let me tease you with this pic till I have some time to do a full write up

Jeep has the following:

*Front Mopar Crawler bumper - Modified to accept JKS swaybar system - sand blasted and powder coated black
*Rear Mopar Crawler Bumper - Modified to accept AEV JK tire Carrier - sand blasted and powder coated black
*Front JK D44 Rubicon axle that has the following:
-1 ton Teraflex big brakes
-RCV Chromoly shafts
-ARB air locker
-Yukon 5:13 gears
-TNT Truss kit
-ARB diff cover painted to match Jeep
-Dynatrac ProSteer Ball Joints
-Poly Performance Tierod
-PSC Hydraulic assist steering custom mounted
-PSC hydraulic assist cooler
*Rear JK D44 axle that has the following:
-Stillen brakes
-Superior 35spline choromoly shafts
-ARB air locker
-Yukon 5:13 gears
-TNT Truss
*Steering box skid plate
*Kelby Enterprise Highline rockers sand blasted and powder coated black
*AEV Highline Kit painted to match Jeep
*JK Wheels sand blasted and powder coated black
* AEV center caps painted to match Jeep
*Mopar Rear corners - modified and removed tubes - sand blasted and powder coated black
* Factory cage - sand blasted and powder coated black
*Warn 12,000LBS Enduro Winch
*Viking gray synthetic winch line with safety thimble eye
*Viking fairlead
*37" Goodyear MTR with Kevlar
*Gobi roof rack + Ladder - modified to support up to 400lbs on top of the Jeep
*ARB Rooftop tent
*ARB 6'.5" Awning
*IPF 6" round offroad lights mounted on rack
*IPF 8168 backup light - custom mounted on carrier
*ARB fridge/freezer + sliding mount + tie downs
*Maxtrax black sand laders
*Rotopax fuel/water storage and dry storage
*Genright oversized fuel tank (carries 25 gallons)
*LUK performance clutch
*King shocks with adjustable compression (depending on load)
*OME 2" coils in the front
*STOCK coils in the rear
*JKS switchblade 5 stage front swaybar system
*Modified currie anti rock rear swaybar system
*Custom drive shafts
*TeraFlex adjustable monster control arms
*TeraFlex adjustable monster drag link
*TeraFlex Speed bumps front and rear
*Daystar switch panel
*Savvy LED taillights

* Jeep is custom painted. started of Grigio Telesto found on Lambos. I then modified it just a little to have it just right to my liking.
both sets of doors are painted to match. including wheel center caps. hard top interior and added some silver to the color for the dash pieces. doing a two tone on the hood. Grill is black

Jeep spent the last 5 full months getting worked on and had a completion date of May 20th. we are pretty damn close from completion. might need some minor tweaking next week. May 21st we have a big show here in Denver. if anyone is near the area.. stop by at High Country Performance 4X4 and check out the show.
i'll post up better pics after the show but here are some teaser pics prior to final assembly

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Awesome looking build but band clamps really? Get some nice billet knuckles to hold those resi's on

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome looking build but band clamps really? Get some nice billet knuckles to hold those resi's on
good eye.. we got the shocks just a week prior to having it ready for the show. this was on the bottom of the list (for now) since you can't really see the shocks when the Jeep is on the ground.

here are some better pics of the Jeep after the show.

I couldn't take any more decent pics of it as people would stop by it and ask questions.. you will be interested in what some people might ask. lol

pics with the guys from AEV

pics of the LJ alone

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

and here it is by my JK

I hope you guys like it

Jeep is still in the shop to wire the lights and tweak the suspension. and some minor things here and there.. also should be getting blue billet clamps from KING here pretty soon

·
Registered
454 Posts
You are one lucky dude!! I have wanted an LJ for soooo long!!! Sick build and have fun wheeling that sucker!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys!! here are some other pics until I break the axles in and take it wheeling

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
That is an awesome Jeep. I'm thinking about selling my JK but when I look at this thread I just can't do it.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Great looking JEEP, I love what you did to her. You have great taste thats for sure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts