Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been on my mind for a while and I've never found an answer. Some higher-end cars have window tints which I don't see in aftermarket tint product lines, primarily categorized into the two examples below; it leads me to believe they're not tints at all, but laminations built into the glass panels. Oddly enough, with respect to the second case at least, it's not something I see consistently, so I just don't know.

Deep purple, as on the front windshield of the RRs.

A somewhat reflective blue-green, as on the side glass of some Mercedes-Benzes.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I contacted a local company not to long ago about doing my vehicle and this is the email I got from them, I hope it helps.

"Our Formula One Classic series is a dyed entry level. It gives you the classic tinted look with fair heat rejection. The price for your Scion starts at $169. All of our prices are tax included with a Manufacturer’s Nationwide Lifetime Warranty. This is all windows except the windshield and sunroofs.

Our next step is the Formula One Comfort series, a hybrid film, which means it is a dye metal combination. This film runs $229. The added metal will give you better heat rejection but can cause some interference with signals that enter or exit your cars windows. The systems that could be affected are AM radio, Factory navigation, Bluetooth tire pressure sensors and radar detection devices.

The next series is Llumar Ceramatrix, our entry level ceramic film. The nano ceramic technology gives a great factory appearance, with better heat rejection and will not interfere with the cars electronics. In addition to the Nationwide Lifetime Warranty, it carries a “no fault” protection warranty, which means if you scratch the film, or even a window is broken, we will replace the film at no charge. The Ceramatrix runs $299.

The last option is our top of the line ceramic, Formula One Pinnacle. This film provides all the benefits of the entry level ceramic but also has the best heat rejection of all our films and also carries the “no fault” warranty. The Pinnacle runs $399.

All of the film choices come in different degrees of darkness so we can talk about how dark each window can be when you bring the car in. All prices are installed and tax included."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts