Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of a new FAM car, anyone bought or thinking of a new A8L?
Spec'd a new A8L.. price is super high..:eek:hwell:

now instead i'm thinking Preowned S8, Panamera Turbo, Quattroporte...
new Range Rover Sport.. hmmmmm

wifey dont like 7's and S class.... i love them all..LOL!

·
Registered
184 Posts
How important is the extra rear legroom?

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How important is the extra rear legroom?
I love the leg room... the Range Rover and Cayenne isnt big enough..

have a 10 year old with all hi gadgets and 6 months old's big car seat..:)

maybe i should just buy a GMC Acadia..lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
With the A8, you're basically getting a Bentley with a different motor (unless you priced with a w12, then you're getting a differently styled Bentley). The only problem with the A8 is they depreciate in value pretty quickly compared to other Audis but they're awesome cars.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the A8, you're basically getting a Bentley with a different motor (unless you priced with a w12, then you're getting a differently styled Bentley). The only problem with the A8 is they depreciate in value pretty quickly compared to other Audis but they're awesome cars.
I agree i used to own an 04 A8L... it's really a nice car..

I probably just look at the previous S8's... they are now approaching the $50K range... talk about depreciation:)

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have a '05 A8. I've driven over a million miles in my life, and have had, and have driven, countless cars. The A8 is my favorite of them all.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Db9 and A8 ? You have taste sir !
Thanks. I find having a real wheel drive stick, and an all wheel drive sedan to be a great two car combo.

* The A8 will be traded in for an S8 soon.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
i know a lot of you guys will stone me to death but i am in love with the new equus from hyundai...that and the ls600h are good cost effective options.
I doubt they will be on par with an s8 though...but they might hit the check book less harder.

·
Registered
656 Posts
preowned S8 is probably the bossiest of 'em all. How about a preowned A8L if that was your first choice?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
i know a lot of you guys will stone me to death but i am in love with the new equus from hyundai...that and the ls600h are good cost effective options.
I doubt they will be on par with an s8 though...but they might hit the check book less harder.
Haven't checked out n Equus, but have spent some time in the ls600h. Really nice car, but my only problem with Lexus, and Caddys for that matter, is that they do everything they can to isolate you from the road. I just find that driving experience souless. Comfortable and quiet yes, just a bit boring. The Audi gives you the comfort, but remains more fun to drive.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Haven't checked out n Equus, but have spent some time in the ls600h. Really nice car, but my only problem with Lexus, and Caddys for that matter, is that they do everything they can to isolate you from the road. I just find that driving experience souless. Comfortable and quiet yes, just a bit boring. The Audi gives you the comfort, but remains more fun to drive.
that is true...other than the sl63...an audi s8 was the most engaging large sedan that i ever drove..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts