Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two announcements of exciting things at VIR in 2011 for those who love speed:

"1)The re-launching of the Ariel Atom Experience (AAE) driving events for 2011. ... The new, re-formatted 2011 AAE will be run in conjunction with and exclusively at Virginia International Raceway. There will be a min. of 8 X half-day AAE events run on weekends from March through October, using newly-built & spec’d Ariel Atom 3 cars. The rate will be $495./person/event, all inclusive. We’re excited to be able to bring this type of Ariel Atom exposure & driving experience back to the general public as well as to corp. & other groups! TMI will own, manage & operate these AAE events. VIR is our valued promotional & operational partner in the AAE. We soon hope to be making further announcements regarding other business partners in the AAE. Watch for further details on our website (Welcome to Ariel Atom | Ariel Atom USA).

“VIRginia International Raceway is absolutely thrilled to host the Ariel Atom Experience beginning in 2011.” Stated VIR Managing Partner Connie Nyholm. “The new format and price point are sure to be winners with Atom fans and anyone seeking a driving adventure experience. Of course, all drivers and their guests are welcome to stay over at VIR Resort's Lodge, have dinner at Oak Tree Tavern, go karting, to the Spa, or just watch the racing action all around them.”

2) The (world’s first) establishment of an Ariel Atom racing series for 2011, to be named ‘Spec Racer Atom’ (SRA). Specifically designed & formatted to offer incredible overall cost value to its participants, a series of 10 races will be held over 5 weekends during 2011, exclusively at VIR. Each race day will provide for 4 X 25 min. sessions of practice & qualifying prior to a 20 minute SRA race, with a variety of 4 unique & challenging VIR track configurations being used over the race season. The SRA cars are being uniquely built & spec’d for use in the series with initial car deliveries expected in April ’11, well in advance of the 1st scheduled SRA race in June. Existing competition licenses are not required for SRA participation however each competitor must meet VIR/TMI driving experience & designated capabilities in advance.

The formation, organization & operation of this series will enable us here at TMI to put our collective extensive history of involvement & experience in motorsports to full use. Max. affordability & enjoyment will be our continuous objectives for all SRA series participants.

An amazingly attractive purchase package will be offered to the first 10 SRA ‘Founding Members’ (to be announced). TMI will provide series paddock facilities and offer optional trackside tech. support packages to competitors, etc. Of course we’re also uniquely able to provide the many advantages of direct ‘trackside’ factory access to all SRA competitors! We are currently accepting deposits for the Spec Racer Atoms.

The SRA series will be administered by TMI AutoTech, co-operated by TMI & VIR and sanctioned by VIR within its VIR Club operations. Provisions are also being considered to potentially enable suitably equipped non-SRA Ariel Atoms to compete in the series (non-points only). We soon hope to be able to make further announcements regarding other business partners in the SRA. Watch our website for further details (Welcome to Ariel Atom | Ariel Atom USA).

“Hosting the Spec Racer Atom series is a tremendously exciting opportunity for VIR Club and its Members.” Enthused Connie Nyholm; Managing Partner of Virginia International raceway. “I am amazed at how affordable it will be and I know everyone will enjoy competing on four different track configurations at VIR throughout the year. When I was racing in vintage series, I always raced two cars to make the most of my time driving. I imagine many of our high speed and touring class Members will be racing Spec Racer Atom next year too.“

Best regards – and warm wishes for a Happy Holiday season from the entire TMI AutoTech Team!

If you have any questions about the latest developments from TMI just give us a call! We would be happy to discuss any questions you have. "

1 - 1 of 1 Posts