Registered
3,754 Posts
nothing up in my area any good...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am still looking.

Its a 2002 G500 black. I havent gotten it yet, so I will know better.

I could offer our beach house to stay at and maybe that could be payment, would be great to bring a wife or GF.

fishandgoat.com

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well. I do have a brother in Mytrle Beach with a big enough garage to work in, as well as another house in Raleigh NC if you Carolina folks are looking to have someone come down :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
There's actually a few really good detailers in SC... They just don't advertise on places like the yellow pages or CL ad's. I personally know of a couple in Columbia, 1 in charleston (if he's still in the area this time of year) and a few upstate. And then some really good guys just across the North Carolina and Georgia borders... I'll contact a couple of them and see if any of them are available.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was actually trying to do a search on Autopia for other guys in the area down there, ironically enough Jakerooni came to mind!

I do however plan to be in Myrtle Beach/Conway the week of December 13-19th should anyone want to take advantage of my services temporarily should the other options not be available.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I personally know of a couple in Columbia, 1 in charleston (if he's still in the area this time of year)
I'd love to know some good detailers in Columbia and the one in Charleston!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Chris with Michalski Detailing, LLC is in Columbia. I know he's worked side by side with David Strum in Charlotte on some high end cars and has done some great work. Marytn Whitnell in Greenville actually worked along side with me on a number of exotics and other high level details. Steve Prince is also in Greenville and has done some great work. And then there's Sean in Charleston But I don't seem to have good contact info for him anymore.. But I know he works for the Fire Department part time as well. If I make it back to South Carolina anytime soon I'll see if I can update my contact info with some of these guys and see if anyone else has made a stake for themselves.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thanks for the references!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Chris with Michalski Detailing, LLC is in Columbia. I know he's worked side by side with David Strum in Charlotte on some high end cars and has done some great work.
Thanks again for the reference to Chris - I left him a message a few hours ago and he just responded. He's coming by on Monday evening!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey guys... I am in Columbia, SC.

Look forward to meeting with you Keith!
Dropping the Range off with Chris this weekend! I'll finally do a decent shoot to show y'all how good it will look.

·
Registered
693 Posts
BUMP - Chris did an amazing job; Rangie looks better than it did when I picked it up. He's got some pics, but I'll put some up tomorrow evening too.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Picked the ride up this evening - Chris took a bunch of pictures before and after, so here you go (the last is me leaving his place with a freshly shiny ride :D). It looks amazing (better than when I picked it up from the dealership)!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Glad to hear everything came out great. I didn't have much doubt Chris would be able to pull it off after seeing some of his work and talking with him behind the scenes on some of the other detailing sites. Good guy right there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts