Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post made by a guy on here the other day who in his sig said he worked at a local lexus dealer. If anyone knows his username or hopefully hes reading this, PLEASE PM ME!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Benz didn't turn out?
Correct. fly by night kinda place, you know the deal. Tired of all these problem used cars from shady dealers, I should probably go brand new w warranty anyways. Not going to spend 100k+ again unless its on an investment piece so any bmw or benz is priced out of the game. Saw the GS350 F with almost every option for 58k and its got tech, style, mpg but lacks the class and status of a euro but I dont care about that. Cant believe im considering a jap trap after the previous british/euro/italian garage.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It's unfortunate a lot of slightly older higher-end European cars in all segments end up getting thrashed by a second or third owner, then sit on shady lots as you apparently found.

The Japanese cars do offer reliable value, no question there. My mom went from a 335 to an IS250 and has been very pleased, but even she says it simply doesn't have the character she loved in the BMW. If you have a heart for the German cars though, a good balance might be to look at a 1-3 year old car, research their reliability (both through reviews and forums), then go CPO. Proven track record + warranty + initial depreciation avoidance!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Correct. fly by night kinda place, you know the deal. Tired of all these problem used cars from shady dealers, I should probably go brand new w warranty anyways. Not going to spend 100k+ again unless its on an investment piece so any bmw or benz is priced out of the game. Saw the GS350 F with almost every option for 58k and its got tech, style, mpg but lacks the class and status of a euro but I dont care about that. Cant believe im considering a jap trap after the previous british/euro/italian garage.
A local dealer has a used 2013 with 8k miles and they're asking ~45k. They've had it for a while too.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks gents! L4P bounty hunters at work

1st mo of yr, end of month & L4P connection = a good deal

·
Premium Member
21,656 Posts
1st mo of yr, end of month & L4P connection = a good deal
I always find it a bit shocking when people don't know that buying cars at the end of the month usually results in better pricing. When I worked in IT for a very large group of dealerships I learned the ins and outs of how it all works. During EOM reporting, managers have extra pressure to push units. They'll take some very low offers if it means keeping their numbers up, thus, keeping their jobs.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always find it a bit shocking when people don't know that buying cars at the end of the month usually results in better pricing. When I worked in IT for a very large group of dealerships I learned the ins and outs of how it all works. During EOM reporting, managers have extra pressure to push units. They'll take some very low offers if it means keeping their numbers up, thus, keeping their jobs.
Yup, it is a very real phenomenon. Having sold luxury cars myself I know how to properly motivate a salesman as well. I like to get a deal where the sales guy gets paid nothing from the dealership and I just pay him his commission in cold hard cash rather than have the dealer make money and pay him 15-20%. Lots of spiffs and motivation if they are close to the next level bonus ex 15/20/25 cars a month scale.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Yup, it is a very real phenomenon. Having sold luxury cars myself I know how to properly motivate a salesman as well. I like to get a deal where the sales guy gets paid nothing from the dealership and I just pay him his commission in cold hard cash rather than have the dealer make money and pay him 15-20%. Lots of spiffs and motivation if they are close to the next level bonus ex 15/20/25 cars a month scale.
sure, ya do....

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Yes, it is true you can get a better deal at the end of the month. Especially a month like this when sales were not as brisk as desired.
Several customers have done just what you suggest, negotiate all my commission out of the deal and give me cash on the side. It's ok with me. I've also received wine, champaign, electronics and other gifts. But the best gift of all is a referral.

I've already spoken with the OP. I'll do what I can to get him a good deal.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
January is supposedly an opportune time as well. It's super slow from credit card hung over and most don't want to think of shopping.
Too bad road conditions are crap though.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
If anyone else is looking for a great deal on a Lexus, you're welcome to contact me. I did get the op his deal. He changed one of the terms at the end but we adjusted and it still came out great....for him.
As he said in his post above, he negotiated all my commission out of the deal.
What he didn't understand is I have pride in my work. I would have done my best to help him without his motivational carrot.
I hope by now he knows the GS350 is a really good car and he appreciates the work I put in to get his deal. I took some heat from managers and didn't make any money. But I don't complain about spilled milk. I clean it up and pour another glass.

This post was not intended to "call out" the op. Just wanted to let others know the outcome. I'll help anyone else get a great deal, as well.

Reactions: Dotre
1 - 20 of 34 Posts