Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week i'm heading to Van for a few days to do a course. I rarely, actually never go to Vancouver unless i'm traveling by plane the main airport is in Van. I've been meaning to go to some of the auto shows…but always miss them. I'm hoping with the few days that i'm there I can swing by ferrari, lambo, and maybe TAC motor sports.

Believe it or not I have't seen a 458, enzo, gallardo, muric, aventador, etc etc. Sat in a 360 while in vegas, saw a red 430, was blown away, yesterday going down the island I saw a f430 drive by, I almost dropped a log in my pants. :p. I know I know I live in a bubble. So my question when it comes to the dealers…specially in Van…

1. can I vist for free or is there a fee ?
2. are pictures allowed ?
3. is there a small visit widow ?. I don't plan on staying for hours of course.

Now I know what NOT to do…

- Do not sit in then the cars unless someone working there okays it (doubt that will happen).
- See with your eyes not with your hands.
- Don't even bother thinking of asking for a test drive.

Reason I ask I've never been in an exotic dealership, and I hear ferrari is notoriously snooty, but lambo is more open to visitors. Anyone have any experience with lambo or ferrari of Vancouver ? Thanks everyone, sorry for the long read. :bow1:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Never been to the dealerships in Vancouver but from my experiences with those dealerships there shouldn't be a problem with going in just to take a look. Ferrari dealer in Calgary has the cars roped off in a separate room

Don't think you will be able to sit in one.. sales guys might not even go see you

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JonSav - Did they give you a snooty look, and did they tell you, that you can only stay for so long then they want you to leave ?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Well I only visit when I intend to buy something. I'm just telling what I seen when other people walked in.
I think you're going to be fine just looking at the cars, you're not the only one who goes in to do it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
1. There is no fee.
2. I've visited before and snapped the odd picture with my phone and they seemed fine although I would ask them before snapping away.
3. As far as I know, there is no particular visiting hours; as long as the dealership is open, you should be fine, although I would probably ask

As an aside, the dealership is in an area where most of the other major exotic dealers are (Lambo, Mclaren, Aston martin, Bentley, Jag, Lotus, Bgatti etc). It would be worth your time to walk around and check them out since you'll be in that area and they're all within a 5ish minute walk of each other. SR auto is also right behind the Ferrari dealership and they always have amazing vehicles on hand.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Reason I ask I've never been in an exotic dealership, and I hear ferrari is notoriously snooty, but lambo is more open to visitors. Anyone have any experience with lambo or ferrari of Vancouver ? Thanks everyone, sorry for the long read. :bow1:
Damn, I feel spoiled.

Dress and act confident, at the very least. :/

Also Vancouver Island. Oh God, aside from it being "quiet", it's faaaar too slow going for me. Spent enough time there already.

EDIT: Also I've met the head sales manager of Lambo Vancouver, Robert, which is really Weissach, and he's pretty chill at an autoshow quite a few years back now. A nice chap.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. There is no fee.
2. I've visited before and snapped the odd picture with my phone and they seemed fine although I would ask them before snapping away.
3. As far as I know, there is no particular visiting hours; as long as the dealership is open, you should be fine, although I would probably ask

As an aside, the dealership is in an area where most of the other major exotic dealers are (Lambo, Mclaren, Aston martin, Bentley, Jag, Lotus, Bgatti etc). It would be worth your time to walk around and check them out since you'll be in that area and they're all within a 5ish minute walk of each other. SR auto is also right behind the Ferrari dealership and they always have amazing vehicles on hand.
Sweet glad I don't have to pay to look around, and i'll defiantly talk to someone at the front desk and ask if its alright to snap pics. I'm going to van with my dad and I told them that at exotic dealership your not allowed to sit or touch them..his reaction was

Dad:"Then why do you wanna go if you can't sit in them?"
Me:"So I can see them for me myself"
Dad:"Guess it makes sense, with those prices"
Me"Yeahhhhh, well when cars are worth the price of an average house, the dealers don't want you to sit in them for a good reason"

I was talking to him and making plans, but do to work, I might not be able to stop by the dealers :(. If not then next year i'll go to one of the car shows.

Damn, I feel spoiled.

Dress and act confident, at the very least. :/

Also Vancouver Island. Oh God, aside from it being "quiet", it's faaaar too slow going for me. Spent enough time there already.

EDIT: Also I've met the head sales manager of Lambo Vancouver, Robert, which is really Weissach, and he's pretty chill at an autoshow quite a few years back now. A nice chap.
Yeah the Island and mainland are 2 different worlds. This will be my first time driving in Van, I have been driving for 7yrs and this is my first time driving in vancouver, crazy right ? Needles to say my nervs are acting up. ahahha, any advice ? anyone ? lol. Thanks for the posts everyone.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I thought prairie people were bad with their lifted pickups, Vancouver is a whole other board game. The worst aspect is the traffic, no matter what time.
Don't you have any contacts their that would know their way around?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought prairie people were bad with their lifted pickups, Vancouver is a whole other board game. The worst aspect is the traffic, no matter what time.
Don't you have any contacts their that would know their way around?
Yeah small towns are normally filled with people who love their trucks way up high. I'm not to stoked since I don't drive in the city much, nor do I know my way around. I dunno anyone in van (well got a buddy at ubc), it's just my old man and I, gonna use the GPS in the benz which I don't have a good feeling about lol.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm in van for today and half of tomorrow however i got class all day today and tomorrow and right after i have to catch the first ferry back to the island....thanks for the offer tho.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you see any cars? Don't let the weather deter you, swing by 3rd and Pine later, the Ferrari, Lamborghini, and private dealers's showrooms are filled.
Not even 1, well I saw a Maserati heading back to the ferry. Got into van 11pm monday, wen't to bed, was up at 6 am tues had class till 5pm, ate lunch studied, wen't to bed, got up early again wens, 5pm wen't to catch the ferry. Hopefully in the new year go to van for a few days check things around take my time.

Señor you know any good exotic car shows that are coming up in van next year ? Thanks for the post dude.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not even 1, well I saw a Maserati heading back to the ferry. Got into van 11pm monday, wen't to bed, was up at 6 am tues had class till 5pm, ate lunch studied, wen't to bed, got up early again wens, 5pm wen't to catch the ferry. Hopefully in the new year go to van for a few days check things around take my time.

Señor you know any good exotic car shows that are coming up in van next year ? Thanks for the post dude.
Most of the car related stuff in Vancouver I either know some details about or help out with-

Off the top of my head the following shows are the bigger ones

father's day italian car show vancouver
dundarave porsche show and ride
german car show vancouver (kind of boring)

The ones I personally help out with
Luxury Supercar Weekend Drive to Whistler (June 6th)
Luxury Supercar Weekend + satellite (first week of September)

I left a couple out- if you hear of something that interests you, send me a message!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts