Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
that pool is gorgeous! love those designs.
WOW man! Love the pool and wine cellar, the kitchen also looks amazing!
Thanks guys ;)

Here's one of my favorite staircase shots. It's just a back staircase in one of the houses we built. I think it's cool you can see a number of elements in the shot, such as custom paneling on walls, custom recessed HVAC vent in the floor. Any my favorite is the special 3 step "distressed" looking finish we did on the wood floors.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thought I'd share this image with you guys, a picture I took from one of our clients homes today:

An example of how well spray foam insulation works. We completed a renovation on the left side of this house last summer and used a spray foam insulation to highly insulate the area, keeping the heat in through winter and the A/C during summer. Notice how the frost doesn't melt. On the right side where no work was done there is an open ceiling with no insulation. You will notice all of the frost has melted as the heat from inside the house leaks through the roof melting the frost.

Here's video of the foam being applied:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Excellent grab on this picture.

Thought I'd share this image with you guys, a picture I took from one of our clients homes today:

An example of how well spray foam insulation works. We completed a renovation on the left side of this house last summer and used a spray foam insulation to highly insulate the area, keeping the heat in through winter and the A/C during summer. Notice how the frost doesn't melt. On the right side where no work was done there is an open ceiling with no insulation. You will notice all of the frost has melted as the heat from inside the house leaks through the roof melting the frost.

Here's video of the foam being applied:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
nice work, i am a contractor in nyc and long island too, have not been doing much green work. I am more into commercial building and renovations.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Crazy places. How much extra does the work to stay "Green" add to the cost on average. Or are you able to do it for the same prices?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Crazy places. How much extra does the work to stay "Green" add to the cost on average. Or are you able to do it for the same prices?
It's a complicated question. It can cost extra, but doesn't have too. ;) There are so many different aspects of construction that can make a project "more green" than another, some cost a lot of money with no ROI, some cost up front but you save in the long run (i.e. solar panels or geothermal), and some don't cost anymore and just require some knowledge. Last winter we built a LEED Platinum house without any of the "expensive" green items. The 2,300 sq. ft. house came in at just over $200 per sq. ft. Very Very affordable for our location. Almost no homes are built here at that price range.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
One of our houses up For Sale:

Beautiful custom built 4,900 sq. ft. post-modern home with 630 sq. ft. legal accessory apartment for sale. Minutes from Southampton and Watermill village, and train station. One Acre fully landscaped with beautiful gardens, lighted walkway, bluestone patios and pool.

Features:
• 5 Bedrooms
• 3.5 Bathrooms
• 5760 Watt Photo Voltaic Solar System (Reduced electric bill by over 50% see graph below)
• Gourmet Kitchen; Viking Range, Sub-Zero, Granite Tops, Under Cabinet Lights
• Wet Bar w/ Wine Cooler
• Oil Fired HWH w/ 80 Gallon Super-Stor
• 3 Zone CAC
• 27′ Cathedral Ceilings in Living Room
• Fireplace
• LIPA Disconnect w/ Generator Hookup
• Lighted Pergola For Outdoor Dining
• Heated Salt Water Pool w/ variable speed pump (for energy efficiency)
• 2 Car Attached Heated Garage
• Low-Voltage Halogen Lighting Throughout
• Cedar Lined Storage Closet
• Wide Plank Hardwood Floors
• 2,400 Bottle Wine Cellar w/ Wet Bar
• Gym
• Covered Porches Front and Rear
• 4 Zone Built in Stereo System
• Built in Viking BBQ on Bluestone Patio
• Outdoor Shower
• Central Vacuum

• Apartment includes – Private Entrance, Kitchen, Bathroom, Living Room, Bedroom, Balcony, Separate HVAC, Central Vacuum.

41 - 60 of 110 Posts