Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We still need to shoot more exteriors, hopefully doing that soon and I'll add them to the thread. I'll try and post some more of the "green" elements we bring into construction as well. Although quite often they are seamlessly integrated in to the project and no one knows they are there. i.e. custom paneling made from 100% recycled content that was all sustainably grown in the first place, FSC certified woods. Paint that is zero V.O.C.s and same with the glues. Also spray foam insulation.

Here's a much less professional photo I took from my iPhone that has all of those green elements listed above

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
great work and great pics.

the pool in the first few pics is sick.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Well done, very well done. Usually images promoting a business with water marks are not allowed by anyone but sponsors, but I think this should be left for all to enjoy. Good Work.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
congrats man... that's incredible work.

Can you tell me a little about your Green business plan and what that entails?
Thanks for the response guys.

Our "green" business plan is quite simple. If a client hasn't already come to us asking us to build a green house, we try and encourage them to incorporate green elements into the project they are doing. Usually this is first done by educating them in the advantages of using green elements or simply introducing them to what green is. There is a lot of confusion out there about green right now and a lot of "greenwashing" (the term given to items that aren't green but are trying to claim to be green for marketing purposes only). Most people are open to the ideas, and lucky for us most of our clients can afford to go for the items that cost a little more money.

But Green doesn't have to be expensive. If you've seen my other thread on here we just completed a green modular home and just received a LEED Platinum rating on the home. This home came in at just over $200 per square foot. A fraction of what we normally build for. Here's the thread: http://www.luxury4play.com/construction/41055-green-modular-build.html

Also, the pic with the solar panels above - That house has been saving on average 67% of the electric it used for the same time period a year ago before the panels were installed. I had also posted a thread on here documenting the install: http://www.luxury4play.com/construction/36203-gone-green-w-solar.html

I hope to be doing a few more photo shoots soon of some more exteriors of different projects. I'll update the thread.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's one of my favorite wall finishes that is green

It's American Clay. Very cool product that can leave almost any texture finish you choose. It's just what the name says, clay. Also recycled material from stone fabricators i.e. the dust from slabs when they are cut for other projects. It's cool because it can help control the humidity in the room by absorbing moisture when it's damp and then releasing it when it's dry. It gives off no V.O.C.s (which is the chemicals you smell in new products that are bad for you). American Clay | Natural Earth Plaster | Interior Wall Finishes

·
Registered
220 Posts
After doing a LOT of remodeling/rehabbing on a house I bought recently, I have a new found respect for people that are able to create such masterpieces. For some reason, the 5th pic (kitchen) I think looks amazing!

Keep up the GREAT work!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thanks for the response guys.

Our "green" business plan is quite simple. If a client hasn't already come to us asking us to build a green house, we try and encourage them to incorporate green elements into the project they are doing. Usually this is first done by educating them in the advantages of using green elements or simply introducing them to what green is. There is a lot of confusion out there about green right now and a lot of "greenwashing" (the term given to items that aren't green but are trying to claim to be green for marketing purposes only). Most people are open to the ideas, and lucky for us most of our clients can afford to go for the items that cost a little more money.

But Green doesn't have to be expensive. If you've seen my other thread on here we just completed a green modular home and just received a LEED Platinum rating on the home. This home came in at just over $200 per square foot. A fraction of what we normally build for. Here's the thread: http://www.luxury4play.com/construction/41055-green-modular-build.html

Also, the pic with the solar panels above - That house has been saving on average 67% of the electric it used for the same time period a year ago before the panels were installed. I had also posted a thread on here documenting the install: http://www.luxury4play.com/construction/36203-gone-green-w-solar.html

I hope to be doing a few more photo shoots soon of some more exteriors of different projects. I'll update the thread.

Awesome! One of the ventures I'm currently working on is home flipping out here is Los Angeles. One of my goals is to also incorporate some green elements into the rehab process.

Any suggestions on what type of green products I could/should use? I.e: flooring, paint, faucets, etc etc

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome! One of the ventures I'm currently working on is home flipping out here is Los Angeles. One of my goals is to also incorporate some green elements into the rehab process.

Any suggestions on what type of green products I could/should use? I.e: flooring, paint, faucets, etc etc
The choices are almost endless... what kind of flooring are you looking for? If you want wood floors get something FSC certified (means it's sustainably grown) and finish with Low or Zero-V.O.C. products. Make sure all paints are Low or Zero V.O.C. (Benjamin Moore has some nice ones, their Aura and Natura paints are great.) For faucets use low-flow stuff, everyone makes them now. It really depends what you're looking for, there are so many different aspects of a house that can be green. I got tons of info posted on my green building forum if you click the link in my signature.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The choices are almost endless... what kind of flooring are you looking for? If you want wood floors get something FSC certified (means it's sustainably grown) and finish with Low or Zero-V.O.C. products. Make sure all paints are Low or Zero V.O.C. (Benjamin Moore has some nice ones, their Aura and Natura paints are great.) For faucets use low-flow stuff, everyone makes them now. It really depends what you're looking for, there are so many different aspects of a house that can be green. I got tons of info posted on my green building forum if you click the link in my signature.

Thanks for the info.. Im taking a look through it now!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts