Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i wanted to take some new pictures of the car anyway and my buddys 996 GT3 RS just happened to be there as well.
I tried my best at making the pictures look somewhat .. well "artistic" ( i guess ) .... seems like art-college finally paid off haha
Thought i'd share the pictures with you guys. Hope you like 'em

Reactions: Roland

·
Registered
469 Posts
That GT3 is absolutely Gorgeous!
a bit off topic but seeing how you got two wonderful examples of porsche racers..Which one do you feel is more visceral and exciting?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That GT3 is absolutely Gorgeous!
a bit off topic but seeing how you got two wonderful examples of porsche racers..Which one do you feel is more visceral and exciting?
honestly, looks aside the 996 is the way to go. Not that the 997 is not fun, hell i bought one, but having driven my buddys 996 rs on the track, i have to say, in terms of pure fun, its the most fun car ive ever driven.
It still has that 911y light and difficult to place, front end and just feels like it weighs a ton less than the 997. steering is better, throttle is better, since its mechanical and not flybywire like in the 997 and also just the thrill of having no electronic nannies other than ABS helping you out.

But....then you get out and have to look at it haha, as good of a car it may be, compared to the 993 and 997 its just the ugly middle child. Also the 997 is a good bit quicker, especially when it comes to torque it has the upper hand...and on top its absolutely beauiful, at least i think so :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
That's exactly what I've heard! But the 997 definitely checks every box. :)

I've never driven a 911 on a track; hard on winding back roads yes but then again it was just a c2s (if that can really have the word "just" before it lol). Took a bit of getting used to; scared myself a few times hahaha But I could see how the 911 is so appealing; Cant even begin to fathom was an rs would feel like on a track!

Still dont know how you can choose between the arsenal you have. How close is the gt2 to factory?

What you need to do is get a photoshoot with those two stutts! :) lol

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's exactly what I've heard! But the 997 definitely checks every box. :)

I've never driven a 911 on a track; hard on winding back roads yes but then again it was just a c2s (if that can really have the word "just" before it lol). Took a bit of getting used to; scared myself a few times hahaha But I could see how the 911 is so appealing; Cant even begin to fathom was an rs would feel like on a track!

Still dont know how you can choose between the arsenal you have. How close is the gt2 to factory?

What you need to do is get a photoshoot with those two stutts! :) lol

well, i was at a big porsche meet in germany a few weeks back, and a few people called it the best replica they had ever seen.
I love it but actually im selling it, because i want a normal 993 turbo, just because i dont really need two hardcore track cars :) one for the track, and one for a nice cruize after a long days work :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well before you sell it you should take some more pictures or better yet a video!

I feel you. A clean and simple 993 would be amazing; from recent posts I heard you don't like turbo's (I feel the same).
There are some amazing examples running around Vancouver and Seattle.

Are your cars here or in munich; because there is supposedly a big porsche meet in redmond WA. I believe its the second of august. They have weekly exotic meets every saturday but I'm sure vancouver does as well. Always alot to see up there!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well before you sell it you should take some more pictures or better yet a video!

I feel you. A clean and simple 993 would be amazing; from recent posts I heard you don't like turbo's (I feel the same).
There are some amazing examples running around Vancouver and Seattle.

Are your cars here or in munich; because there is supposedly a big porsche meet in redmond WA. I believe its the second of august. They have weekly exotic meets every saturday but I'm sure vancouver does as well. Always alot to see up there!
My family lives in van, i live here in the munich area, i just spend 4-6 weeks per year in canada with my folks.
Well its not that i dont like turbocharged cars, but i only like certain ones. But i do really like the aircooled 911 turbos, the watercooled turbos always seem a bit dull, super cabable for sure, but just lacking a few things in terms of driver involvement and emotions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts