Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I dont know what do people think about this in general but personaly I think its cool because the first time in my life seeing snow coming down from the sky is here in Toronto after 19 years :D

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
That same snow has stranded my friends traveling through Amsterdam and Heathrow airport :(

I hope it doesn't persist through the week and cause further delays!

:p

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going to London , UK on monday hope my flight dosent get delayed or somthing

·
Registered
964 Posts
I had never seen snow before moving here, it was quite the shock!
Snow has been ridiculous for travels! I was supposed to go through amsterdam on saturday. Flights were cancelled. I ended up going to Atlanta, then finally dubai. Sitting here in the sky team lounge right now haha

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
It was the same way last year, but it happend a week later. I was there the day after xmas, and i remember it snowed a few inches and people just left their cars. im like ummmmm.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
looks crazy on the news. luckily everything is well in paris with no more snow. will be heading to london in two weeks hopefully it wont be hectic.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I am talking to a friend there now. she said its melting already... lame

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
3" of snow and the air port closes? O'hare stays open in just about any snow storm with a fleet of plows going in between each and every flight. Hell isn't Denver scheduled to have 3 FEET!?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
they are not equipped to deal with even an inch.

last year when i was there, they used sand to attempt to better the road ways and sidewalks... NOT SALt!

and they had no shovels, just brooms.

its a site to see

·
Registered
539 Posts
Pretty sure this movie is from London, Ontario, Canada not London England. And yes London, Ontario got dumped on this past week. The University of Western Ontario was closed for days. They got 3-4 feet within like 24 hours.

·
Registered
399 Posts
lol im lookin out of my window at work rite now and we have more then that. even 3 feet in a day here and people still make it into work! guess its cool for them though since they dont ever get it. ill assume most vehicles there are not awd or 4x4.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
holy crap... just noticed its in canada.... its now time i leave

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Sorry, but BFM, did you really just say that after 19 years of living in Ontario this is the first time you have seen snow coming down? That doesn't make sense in any possible or foreseeable way unless you are a hermit who hasn't left the house in years.

My Grandma who lives in London (ontario) has been complaining about the amount of snow they are getting this year as it makes it extremely hard for her to leave her apartment (she is 93). While London is in the 'snowbelt' they have still been having an exemplary year in terms of snowfall.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I can assure you judging by the cars in the video that its from the us not the uk, but the snow has been bad here. My car got stuck at my flat in Edinburgh (edit just seen its London Canada lol)

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Pretty sure this movie is from London, Ontario, Canada not London England. And yes London, Ontario got dumped on this past week. The University of Western Ontario was closed for days. They got 3-4 feet within like 24 hours.
Can't believe I didn't see this thread.

Ya that vid is from London, Ontario, Canada. It's where I'm from and I'm at UWO.

Tons of exams got cancelled and pushed back, it was crazy. I got lucky and managed to get mine done in between the 2 heavy falls but we got an INSANE amount in such a small window of time.

This is Canada, we rock out in the snow. It was just the fact that nearly 3 feet fell in like a 40 hour window so it was impossible to clear it all. They called in like 300 plows or something insane to help clear the roads.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Sorry, but BFM, did you really just say that after 19 years of living in Ontario this is the first time you have seen snow coming down? That doesn't make sense in any possible or foreseeable way unless you are a hermit who hasn't left the house in years.
I'm guessing he's 19 and going to school here is what he meant, so it's his first time ever seeing snow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts