Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**SOLD**

Hello Luxury4Play,
For sale I have a STUNNING 2009 Smart Brabus ForTwo. To call this Smart highly modified and meticulously maintained would be an understatement. Every inch of this one of a kind, no expense spared build has been enhanced in one way or another. This vehicle was purchased several months ago in California, and has only seen 1,500 miles since then. I adore the car, only reason I am selling is I have my sights on a friend's classic Morris MINI and I do not have all enough garage space to store them all (or I would be!). Let me make clear, this is not a distressed sale in any way, so please do not message or phone me with low-ball offers. I have many photos of the car, and am more than happy to take any additional photos should an interested party ask for them.

History:
A friend of mine purchased this Brabus Smart as a fun and gas efficient Daily Commuter, however it did not stay stock for long. Over the course of the 3 and a half years he owned it, he added over $45,000 in OEM and VERY high end aftermarket parts. I am not kidding when I say there is not a single part on this car without a brand name. The goal behind this stunning build was not to make a gaudy, hideous show car that you see at the car shows (but would never actually drive), but to create a sophisticated, beautiful work of art Smart car. The car went through a serious transformation at C&C Collision in CA to become the ULTIMATE Brabus Smart Car (if you are not familiar with this shop they are one of the top body shops in the state, and specialize in rare, exotic and classic cars).

To replicate this car would require an extensive amount of time and money. The majority of the parts used are VERY rare and were imported from a European Brabus dealer. This car features a lot of top-notch parts seen on the European Brabus Ultimate 112R and Ultimate 120. This car itself has all the parts Brabus ever made for the Smart Car.

The interior was done in the richest alcantara suede and Napa leather. Not a single corner was cut in the making of the interior. Only top notch labor, material and parts were used, this is not a ghetto customized car you see on eBay with a poor craftsmanship. This car could literally pass for dealership new! Also, the car was never smoked in, and has never had food inside.

This exterior of this car is flawless; the entire front of the vehicle has had an Expel clear bra (including the lower valence wings and Brabus fog lights). The tridion cell and interior trim pieces where painted with a custom color used on the Brabus CLS Rocket 800 super sedans. This paintwork itself ran over $2,500 as the car was properly disassembled, prepped, and painted the right way by a well known and high end shop that specializes in a lot of exotics and hot rods. If parked next to a regular smart (or even another Brabus) you can clearly tell the new paint is worlds better, with no orange peel and lots of depth in the color. It is a very unique and beautiful color that gets TONS of compliments.

The pervious owner of the vehicle assured me it was never left outside or even driven in the rain and I have never found any evidence to prove this wrong. The car has only been in my garage since the day it was purchased, and is always stored cleaned. My garage is climate controlled (as was the pervious owner's garage), and the car has only left it's spot on special occasions. The previous owner had the car detailed after every drive (not a typo) and maintained to a like new finish. In addition it was always professionally detailed bi-weekly and the interior and exterior maintain a finish that is better than new. I have kept up this extensive cleaning structure and the car has only been cleaned by Eric Williams, the Professional detailer at Lamborghini Las Vegas. The car is free from any dents, scratches and the interior doesn’t show any sign of wear/stains and the wheels are free from any curb markings, scratches or bends.

The modifications list is as follows:

2009 Smart Brabus ForTwo
Maintenance

Full synthetic oil change every 3,000 miles

Transmission fluid flush with Redline MT-90 at 25k miles

Brake fluid flush with OEM Mercedes Fluid at 25k miles

Denso Iridum plugs at 25k miles

EBC slotted rotors at 25k miles

EBC Red ceramic brake pad at 25k miles

Cabin filter changed at 25k miles

Smart 10k/20k/30k Services Performed

Recent alignment performed by Darren at West End Alignment in Gardena, California

Recently had four wheel road-forced balanced

Revised panoramic roof installed (old version tends to craze and have hairline cracks due to sunlight, the updated version is a very expensive upgrade nobody performs, installed by Smart dealership)

Revised air pump installed (old version fails prematurely, newer version installed as pre-caution)

Exterior:

Brabus Front Spoiler ($699.99)

Brabus Ultimate 120 Front Spoiler Flaps ($289.99)

Brabus E-Code Bi-Xenon Headlight ($1,099.99)

Brabus Bi-Xenon Double Foglamps ($699.99)

Brabus Side Skirts ($699.99)

Brabus Side Skirt Puddle Lights/Illumination Kit ($499.99)

Brabus Fender Flares/Moldings ($249.99)

Brabus Rear Diffuser Panel* ($799.99)

Brabus Roof Spoiler ($499.99)

Brabus Rear Window Grip ($49.99)

Brabus Clear 3rd LED Brake Light ($249.99)

Brabus Front Emblem ($119.99)

Brabus Rear Emblem ($119.99)

Brabus Front Grill Badge ($39.99)

Brabus Polished Wheel Caps ($189.99)

Brabus Lug Bolt Covers ($59.99)

Brabus Valve Stem Caps ($39.99)

Carlsson Rear Diffuser Panel ($899.99)

S-Mann Front Center Splitter ($189.99)

Professionally Smoked Taillights and Side Turn Signal ($199.99)

Out Motoring Short Antenna ($19.99)

Smart Madness Tow Hooks ($209.99)

Xpel Ultimate Clearbra (hood, fender, spoiler, splitter, pillars, mirrors door cups, headlights, fog lights) ($1,499.00)

FormulaOne Pinnacle Ceramic Tint (30% side and rear + 40% windshield) ($599.99)

PIAA + Luxer LED Bulb Conversion (license, turn signal, backup, parking) ($99.99)

Morimoto Elite HID System 6000k Headlight (high + low & independent harness/relays) ($300.00)

Morimoto Elite HID System 6000k Fog Lamps (double fog lamps & independent harness/relays) ($300.00)

PIAA Dual Sport Horns ($59.99)

Custom Painted Tridion Cell ($2,499.99)

Custom Painted Mirror Caps ($99.99)

Custom Painted Door Handles ($349.99)

Mercedes OEM Rear License Plate Bracket ($39.99)

Custom European Plate ‘Toy Brabus’ ($49.99)

Interior:

Brabus F1 Steering Wheel ($1,399.99)

Brabus Speedometer (MPH) ($899.99)

Brabus Tachometer ($399.99)

Brabus Floormats ($149.99)

Brabus Shift Knob ($249.99)

Brabus E-Brake Lever ($249.99)

Brabus Gas/Brake Pedal ($299.99)

Brabus Ambient Lighting ($399.99)

Custom Alcantara Upholstery (dashboard, door, center console, ac vents, pillars) ($2,499.99)

Custom Upholstered Brabus Seats ($1,399.99)

Custom Painted Interior Trim ($499.99)

MDC Armrest ($349.99)

Bosch Built Paddle Shifter ($149.99) –

LED Lighting Conversion ($39.99)

Smart Accessory CD Holder ($49.99)

Smart Accessory Storage Tray ($89.99)

Smart Accessory Cargo Divider ($69.99)

ScanGauge II ($169.99)

Engine/Performance:

Brabus Sport Exhaust* ($1,099.99)

Carlsson Quad Exhaust ($1,199.99)

SFR Header ($699.99) – stock available

Injen Polished Intake w/Hydroshield ($299.99)

MDC Cruise Control w/Sprintbooster ($499.99)

Denso Iridium Spark Plugs ($49.99)

AFE Air Filter* ($49.99)

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires:

KW Height Adjustable Coilovers ($1,399.99)

Brabus Sport Suspension ($1,099.99)

EBC Slotted/Drilled Rotors ($249.99)

EBC Red Brake Pads ($119.99)

Brabus Monoblock VII Wheels (Brushed faces + polished barrels, lips) ($2499.99)

Hankook Ventus V4 Tires- Front: 175/55/R15 Rear: 215/35/17 ($599.99)

In-Car Audio/Electronics:

Kenwood DNX9990HD (Navigation, Traffic, HD radio, Sirius XM, iPod, USB, DVD) ($1,999.99)

Kenwood Sirius XM Adapter ($99.99)

Kenwood iPod Adapter ($49.99)

Metra Indash Kit ($39.99)

Alpine PDX-V9 Amplifier ($750.00)

Alpine T-10 Subwoofer ($650.00)

Custom Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosure ($1,799.99)

Focal Component Speakers ($399.99)

Monster Wiring ($99.99)

Dynamat Xtreme Sound Deadening ($149.99)

This Smart is a multi-car show winner and has taken home numbers trophies. If you are in the Southern California area, you may recognized the car as it has been featured in many articles, online forums, and was a featured car in EuroProjekts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
That's a pretty unique car right there! What's it putting out horsepower wise? GLWS by the way!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much! As far as exact BHP I'm unsure, however the Brabus itself is a considerable step up from a standard ForTwo. The added Catless header and Carlson Exhaust both ad plenty to the butt dyno!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump. :) Make me an offer!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I LOLED when i read the title... but it looks pretty neat after seeing it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sharp lookin' Smart! Some really cool parts too!

While it'd be somewhat of a shame, given all of the hard work, someone could definitely make a few bucks by parting it out. GLWS.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Awesome looking car. My Buddy has a modded smart and I came in this thread hoping that I would have one too but the price is just way too out there. I wish you the best in luck in selling it though.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all the kind words guys. This car has had a tremendous amount of blood, sweat and tears invested, as does any true passion-built project car. You really have to see it to believe it!

Cheers,

Bradley

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump for the eBay listing. :)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Cool looking, however I drove one around for a day, it was the most uncomfortable car i've ever been in, and don't think I could ever spend that kinda money on a smart. But GLWS.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had an interested buyer I have not heard from, still for sale. :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought you just bought an FJ that can't drive in a straight line? ;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bump! Make me an offer!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts