Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting my fiance either an 06 v-12 SL or v-12 CL. I think these are some off best deals on the market right now and I've always had a thing for 600 lbtrq + from the factory.

I want to know which will make a better Daily Driver for her. We have other cars so trunk space, seating, etc. isn't a concern. Are there any maintenance issues I should be aware of? Any common problems or things to look out for?

What are the big differences between 600's and the 65's?

Were leaning towards the SL65 but we like the CL's alot.

Ideally I'm looking for a white vehical with tan interior if anyone knows where I can find one like this.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
judging by the cars in your sig, i'd say go with the SL600 or SL65. and pick whichever is more comfortable for DDing.
just throwing it out, bentley cgt :whistle:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
judging by the cars in your sig, i'd say go with the SL600 or SL65. and pick whichever is more comfortable for DDing.
just throwing it out, bentley cgt :whistle:
Thats the way were leaning as well, I like the SL more because its a hard top convertible. I would consider the Bently but they aren't quite as fast and I will be stealing her car often.

What does she care most about for a daily? If it was me, I'd choose the cl 600 for bang for the buck and comfort, but maybe she just needs some serious seat time behind the wheel of both models.
Comfort and safety but something fun. I think your right I need to get her behind the wheel of both to see what she's more comfortable in.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
I have had an e55,cls55,s65,sl55 and a cl65. The. Cl65 has been one of my all time favorites but based on your other cars I would recommend the sl65

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats the budget?

The difference between a 600 and 65 are quite large IMO
Finding the right car for her is more of a concern than the budget. She wants a specfic color combo.

Is there anything in particular thats very different?

Did a quick search, which yielded this vehicle.

2006 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Convertible For Sale Owings Mills

Not quite to the specifications that you listed, but I couldn't find any with the specified white on tan. I'm sure the sponsors would be happy to help you as well.
That car is beautiful but we want to find the perfect one for her. Hopefully one of the guys on here has what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
my wife has a heavily modded sl55 as a daily. love that car.
but i would trade it for a sl65 in a heartbeat..cl65 is nice...if you need the seats...but you cant beat the droptop fun of the sl.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Finding the right car for her is more of a concern than the budget. She wants a specfic color combo.

Is there anything in particular thats very different?

That car is beautiful but we want to find the perfect one for her. Hopefully one of the guys on here has what I'm looking for.

U may not find that color combo on the SL65 unless u get a designo car..... Here are the listed exterior/interior colors for 2006 SL65's:

Ash/Dark Ash premium leather
Berry Red/Charcoal premium leather
Charcoal/Charcoal premium leather
designo Graphite premium leather
designo Sand premium leather

2006 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class colors at Edmunds

...plus grey interior better matches the wheels!! :clap:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
i saw a cl65 at the mb dealership that was black, with white leather and black wood it looked magnificent

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
it was kinda like this

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Brom, first of all, I am from Hudson originally; nice to see someone close to home! I would go with the sl65. The cl is a great car, but as others have said, based on your current garage lineup, a droptop should be added!

·
Silver Sponsor
2,617 Posts
I personally love the body lines of the pre-facelift r230 chassis SL. Just so sexy and it has not aged at all IMO. The w215 chassis CL is also a classic, but it shows its age a LITTLE more. (I love these cars regardless too)

That being said, I think a STRONG case can be made for Black!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I personally love the body lines of the pre-facelift r230 chassis SL. Just so sexy and it has not aged at all IMO. The w215 chassis CL is also a classic, but it shows its age a LITTLE more. (I love these cars regardless too)

That being said, I think a STRONG case can be made for Black!

Send me an unbelievable quote for a set of rims just like they're pictured and maybe there will be a matching SL65.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts