Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Sponsor
10,268 Posts

Wonder if we'll see these seats stateside, we always seemed to get stiffed in the seating department. :D
Has to do with seat occupancy detectors for the passive restraint systems. Most manufacturers do not want to go throught the expense of developing the "race" seats with seat occupancy detectors that are sensitive enough to to accomodate small people and children. NHTSA and DOT requirement. Ferrari dropped the race seats in the F430 at the end of the 2006 MY for that reason. Part of the required dealer tools for the 599 are a set of extremely precise weights used to calibrate the 599 seat occupancy detectors. ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
i like it a lot and what i like even more is the fact that with this car avilable there's not much point in buying SL Brabus/Lorinsser/Carlsson thingies... AMG just closed that segment by the looks of things - well done.
One let down imo is the weight,with all weight reductions applied this thing is still 130 kg short of 2(!) ton,2.83kg/hp :(
other than that super cool.looking forward to drive one

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I thought it had a wing?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I think you might have me convinced to go look at one of these CLKs.

Since we've started talking, I've been considering getting a track car and doing some racing. This might be the right place to start.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts