Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shipped my vehicle cross country so BenzWorks could run point on my Prior wide body build because...well because they are BenzWorks:clap:

Serge set me up with Ivan Madrigal (formally of LTMW) to handle the body work...Ivan is the man! Talk about high quality work:

Paint tonight, BenzWorks next week for some go fast and then the D2s come in.

Here are some before pics:
As I bought it

Added some carbon fiber

Vossens:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Cant wait to see some afters! Any idea when it'll be done?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paint should be finished up by Monday night. Then some service and tuning at BenzWorks next week with wheels ready shortly after.

Reactions: Chris796

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I've got nothing on AMGFan...Jon is a legend when it comes to his builds. I don't have nearly the taste or bank to compete with him. What I do have is paint...

Ferrari Grigio Silverstone to be exact. This is straight from the gun...cut and polish starts Monday. RedRum - at one point I was going to go with Telesto but I decided in the end I wanted the depth from the Silverstone's heavy metallic flake. I think the liquid-like characteristics will really compliment the body lines.

D2 Forged is finishing up my max concave CV8's. Should be a lot of updated next week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the D2's are on their way to BenzWorks

Love how they turned out and as we already know Stefan and Derrick are awesome to work with!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yeah, I've got nothing on AMGFan...Jon is a legend when it comes to his builds. I don't have nearly the taste or bank to compete with him. What I do have is paint...

Ferrari Grigio Silverstone to be exact. This is straight from the gun...cut and polish starts Monday. RedRum - at one point I was going to go with Telesto but I decided in the end I wanted the depth from the Silverstone's heavy metallic flake. I think the liquid-like characteristics will really compliment the body lines.

D2 Forged is finishing up my max concave CV8's. Should be a lot of updated next week.

Grigio Silverstone is a great color as well! I have always loved the Grigio Telesto on the Lamborghini, until I have the bank to purchase one in that color I thought it would only be appropriate to paint my DD that color :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RedRum - I hear you brother, I was stressed out when I decided to switch from the sinister telesto to the sparkly silverstone. I felt it had to be done to compliment the new curves and I have to say...I'm feeling really good about that decision right now!

Reactions: AMGfan

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Well done!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One final update before this build gets wrapped up by BenzWorks next week and shipped to Chicago to debut at the Another Level car show.

Strasse Sport went above and beyond for body and paint. These are some crappy cell phone pics from last week of the not quite yet completed body work.

Since these pics all pieces have been put together, chrome on grills painted black, carbon fiber front spoiler and rear diffuser installed.

It's always funny to see how these kits swallow a set of 305 rear tires!

oCarbon interior pieces!!!

Currently at BenzWorks awaiting exhaust, tune, D2 install and some service work. Will update next week.

Reactions: j_belll and 3boudi

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for leaving this thread for dead! Finished product turned out great except rear wheels weren't spec'd aggressive enough and need a size more chunky rear rubber.

Strasse Sport killed the wide body install. Hit up board sponsor Exclusive for the kit. I might put her up for sale soon, PM me if interested. I suddenly need four doors and would be interested in CLS trade.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah Derek - that really blows! It's too bad because they are a beautiful set of wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts