Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
any place that doesn't allow snowboarding (deer valley) should have bombs dropped on it. on the other hand, that house is baller.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
WOW. beautiful home.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any place that doesn't allow snowboarding (deer valley) should have bombs dropped on it. on the other hand, that house is baller.
i didnt know they didnt allow snowboarders...i find that just crazy (and im a skier)

·
Registered
351 Posts
neither does alta in utah. theyre sure as hell missing out on some business.

·
Registered
123 Posts
neither does alta in utah. theyre sure as hell missing out on some business.
It would seem that way until you realize that a good chunk of the skier population HATES snowboarders clogging up the slopes (myself included). When I want to snowboard, I have plenty of options all over the place.

I ski Alta 15 times a year and it certainly isn't hurting for business (I live 20 mins from Snowbird and Alta).

There's a reason Deer Valley is voted #1 every year by skiers...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I thought Alta was the only resort left that didn't allow snowboarders. Shows what I know...

Great house though!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
^^ Agreed. I am both a skier and a snowboarder, but the lines are incompatible going down the mountain. Love Deer Valley for skiing. Love Park City for boarding.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm in (when I hit the lottery). Also some beautiful homes at the Canyons up White Pine Canyon Rd. that will appreciate like crazy, I think, once the Canyons is built out and takes its place as the gem it is. Golf at Glenwild, Promontory, Tuhaye and Miller Motorsports Park not that far away would make a perfect place for me.

Doesn't hurt to dream, right?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
It would seem that way until you realize that a good chunk of the skier population HATES snowboarders clogging up the slopes (myself included). When I want to snowboard, I have plenty of options all over the place.

I ski Alta 15 times a year and it certainly isn't hurting for business (I live 20 mins from Snowbird and Alta).

Yeah. as an altaholic, I can say that Alta GAINS business by not allowing snowboarders. Devils Castle, Catherines, backside, stonecrusher, and all of the runs that require a traverse would be RUINED by boarders destroying the traverses.
Also, I'm surprised that Deer Valley is voted #1 over Alta, Alta is by far superior in technical runs and amount of snow...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah. as an altaholic, I can say that Alta GAINS business by not allowing snowboarders. Devils Castle, Catherines, backside, stonecrusher, and all of the runs that require a traverse would be RUINED by boarders destroying the traverses.
Also, I'm surprised that Deer Valley is voted #1 over Alta, Alta is by far superior in technical runs and amount of snow...

Tourists love Deer Valley because of the smooth groomed runs and the amenities. Locals love Alta because of the terrain and copious amounts of snow.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Tourists love Deer Valley because of the smooth groomed runs and the amenities. Locals love Alta because of the terrain and copious amounts of snow.
Yeah, thats the difference between a ski resort and a ski area. Ski Areas are about the skiing, resorts are about the amenities.
When I go skiing, i care about the mountain and the snow. the room is just a place to crash and shower lol.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
This is the 1st stop for gR3!! someone rent this place!

·
Registered
351 Posts

:lol::lol::lol::lol: snowboarders clog up the slopes?? lol. most of us are in the terrain park or in bowls/chutes.. not on your boring groomers. if anything, skiers clog up trails because they mostly insist on carving the entire width of the trail back and forth, without looking over their shoulders and disregarding everyone else on the slopes. you keep that awesome mentality, it sure is a good one. segregation is so cool! lame-ass.. :whistle:

·
Registered
621 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol: snowboarders clog up the slopes?? lol. most of us are in the terrain park or in bowls/chutes.. not on your boring groomers. if anything, skiers clog up trails because they mostly insist on carving the entire width of the trail back and forth, without looking over their shoulders and disregarding everyone else on the slopes. you keep that awesome mentality, it sure is a good one. segregation is so cool! lame-ass.. :whistle:
ditto all that

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
A. Boarders ruin traverses because they take of their boards and walk
B. Boarders are always sitting on the slopes, meaning no skier can go fast because you never know where a boarder is sitting
C. I have been hit by boarders 4 or 5 times, never been hit by a skier. Numerous friends have seen the same trend
D. Boarders end up ruining chutes and bowls because they go too fast and wipe out or pussy out and take the scenic route, ruining fresh tracks for us. Thats why at good back country operations, cat skiing, heli skiing (note "skiing") there are not many boarders, because they can't do it. Skied backcountry at Silverton with a boarder who thought he was the sh!t, got stuck in a tree well, spent the better part of an hour and a half pulling him out, only to have him make HUGE C turns down the trail.

Boarders should stay in the terrain parks and off the good stuff. (Of course there is the rare exception, but what i said before is the rule)
Alta FTW

·
Registered
351 Posts
you must have a lot of newbie snowboarders where you are, besides your A statement.. all the others sounds like people renting gear before they're getting on lifts. i've skied most of my life, only to switch over to snowboarding years ago and i don't have any complaints about either, like you two stuck up schmucks seem to have. i bet you both are decked out in soloman gear and carry your skis like a lumberjack smacking people in the goggles and face behind you. freakin' gapers.. i don't ruin bowls or chutes or puss out and take scenic routes ruining anything for YOU, you selfish prick. Boarders can't heli ride?? ha.. okay! i've had numerous friends blast wicked lines after being dropped off by a heli. i'll be heli-riding Teluride, Wasatch range, Alaska and Chile this year. have you ever seen that's it that's all, or deeper or final descent? they're movies all about boarders getting epic lines from heli-riding. tell terje haakonsen he can't heli-ride, LOL. you just sound like an ignorant ass that travels in packs of other skiers all wearing matching jackets pants and helmets. funny.. i saw a ton of boarders on cats in helis in utah, especially at powder mountain. dunno what planet you live on bro, but you are making yourself sound like a complete jerk off. you can't say that every person sitting on the slopes is a boarder. most people sitting at the tops of drop offs are packs of families with skis attached to them, because they're afraid of the drop and incline of the terrain. besides, maybe you should lay off the green circles and blue squares if people sitting on slopes annoys you.

alpine sports are all about good fun, friends, family, adrenaline rushes and bringing people together. not blaming skiers or snowboarders for the small negatives associated with riding at mountain resorts or back country. get a grip, get a fresh attitude and maybe i'll see ya out on the slopes. i'll ride with a skier or snowboarder any day.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts