Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post to the site and I must say, I find this site quite amazing.

Anyways, Christmas is coming up and I just recently purchased a pair of Atomic Panic skiis. The only problem is, I dont have any Boots or Bindings to go along with them. I'm thinking about adding Boots to my Christmas list but it might be a bit of a stretch. I don't want to encourage people to spend alot on me. What kind of Boots would you guys recommend? If it is of any importance, I live in Canada and have a size 11 boot. The skis are, if I remember correctly, 170 cm long.

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, please move it to where it should be

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
If you are looking at getting boots for Christmas, ask whoever you are looking at getting them to purchase for you to hold off until the Boxing day sales.

Boots are soo personal and specific to your foot shape, ability, weight etc... that someone buying them off the wall for you is out of the question.

A good shop will not only sell you boots, but will then have a professional boot fitter who will 'punch' (stretch) the boots out in areas that need work. It is rare that even a good fitting boot doesn't need some work done to it.

Where are you in Canada? I can probably help recommend some shops.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are looking at getting boots for Christmas, ask whoever you are looking at getting them to purchase for you to hold off until the Boxing day sales.

Boots are soo personal and specific to your foot shape, ability, weight etc... that someone buying them off the wall for you is out of the question.

A good shop will not only sell you boots, but will then have a professional boot fitter who will 'punch' (stretch) the boots out in areas that need work. It is rare that even a good fitting boot doesn't need some work done to it.

Where are you in Canada? I can probably help recommend some shops.
Well, the people are my parents so I will be able to shop. That's a great idea on holding off until boxing day. I'm currently shopping at Ski Cellar.

Also I'm located in Calgary, Alberta.

Thanks for the tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts