Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a pretty cool photo op with six Ghiblis this past weekend. They are pretty interesting cars - performance/sedan wise. I'll post up some more pictures as I get them back - figured Maserati owners would like this.

It was pretty cool meeting all the owners. While some could "barely afford" their Itlaian sedans, others purchased a certain colors because "the rest of the colors were in that color." Great group of down to earth guys.

Input on these cars?

JR

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
While some could "barely afford" their Itlaian sedans....
this is why im against the idea of the car in the first place. reducing the exclusivity of the brand by making a very entry level car (relative) when soccer moms have it as their weekend car instead of a leased 550i

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
They're cool, but they've got the same stigma of a CLA45 AMG or somthing. Seems like the cheapest way to get into an expensive club.
Also, Maserati's hands are a little too deep in Chrysler's toy chest with the Ghibli. It's a little sad that the uConnect system is basically the same as the Dodge Dart's system.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're cool, but they've got the same stigma of a CLA45 AMG or somthing. Seems like the cheapest way to get into an expensive club.
Also, Maserati's hands are a little too deep in Chrysler's toy chest with the Ghibli. It's a little sad that the uConnect system is basically the same as the Dodge Dart's system.
Pretty sure Ferrari California T uses this also, correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
you do realize that the entire car is a re-skined Chrysler 300 right?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I liked this car when it first came out but then I started to see too many people driving the basic model. They aren't into sports cars they just want to say they are driving a Maserati. The basic model looks so cheap it dosnt even look like a Maserati.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Somewhat off topic:

Although its not in the same type of car, I think the base Jaguar F Type is a good bet as it's even better looks wise (subjective) than the bigger gran tourer without looking like you bought just for the cat.

Personally i would go for the V6S but it does get pricey at $100k Canada with almost fully loaded options.

It's a smart move that is compared to the Cayman where I think Cayman 981 owners don't look frowned upon by 911 owners, but I digress with unsupported babbling.

Carry on...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
What's to bash they look great sound great and are a fun mid sized sedan to drive. If I was looking at picking up a 5 series or an E class I would probably grab the Ghibli instead.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
you do realize that the entire car is a re-skined Chrysler 300 right?
It's based on a shortened Quattroporte platform.
From the CEO of Maserati's own mouth: "There are commonalities to reduce costs. But less than 10 percent of the Quattroporte's parts are carried over from other models."

Pretty sure Ferrari California T uses this also, correct me if I'm wrong.

Looks like it.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts