Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Brings new meaning to taking the jet...coast to coast in ~2hrs or sf to la in 20min. Would be awesome to live in a fly in community and own one, though I could imagine the neighbors whining when you light up the afterbuners for an 8am takeoff. Would certainly make your CGT with straightpipes sound like a lawnmower by comparison:lol:

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
I know a guy who bought some canadian fighter jets that are out of service.. Only 1 Million for a fighter jet!!! (Considering the price to make it and the design the government pays.. still a lot of money).. thats awesome :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
The planes belong to a friend. He uses them for US military training- cat and mouse stuff. Great way to make a living. He's also an airline pilot when he's not doing his other work.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The planes belong to a friend. He uses them for US military training- cat and mouse stuff. Great way to make a living. He's also an airline pilot when he's not doing his other work.
Your buddy owns Pride?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Brings new meaning to taking the jet...coast to coast in ~2hrs or sf to la in 20min. Would be awesome to live in a fly in community and own one, though I could imagine the neighbors whining when you light up the afterbuners for an 8am takeoff. Would certainly make your CGT with straightpipes sound like a lawnmower by comparison:lol:
You can't go supersonic over US airspace, unless you're USAF. And even then, you cannot do it unless ordered.

Owning this thing would be like owning a Mclaren F1 or Ferrari Enzo and only being able to do the speed limit.

·
Registered
918 Posts
You can't go supersonic over US airspace, unless you're USAF. And even then, you cannot do it unless ordered.

Owning this thing would be like owning a Mclaren F1 or Ferrari Enzo and only being able to do the speed limit.
Take it out over the ocean and you can do whatever you want. It's the worlds biggest race track :clap:

·
Registered
722 Posts
LOLwut??

That IS how it goes. The speed limit is the speed limit.... whether or not you obey it when nobody is watching is another story :wink: :D

Im sure though that with this particular scenario, its slightly more complicated. In a sportscar, you dont have the US Government monitoring your every move

I wonder how that works? Say you take it out over the ocean to fuckoff for a while, then when you're coming back in does the US radar systems see it as a random SU-47 entering US airspace from say the east LOL. Might make for some interesting radio conversation

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
wow, that's a pretty good deal, if they're not falling apart. pretty much have to agree with the title of this thread...

21 - 38 of 38 Posts