Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a sweet system show it off. I am thinking of picking up a 10'' Rockford Fosgate for my Focus here pretty soon. I have new door speakers and head unit in, but it's missing that kick.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I used to compete. Had a crazy setup for spl

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I have always had an upgraded sound system in my vehicles. There is nothing better than getting in for a drive and having a nice, crisp and loud stereo. I have steered away from the days of being a teenager with the huge fiberglass enclosures, neon lights and a million speakers and tend to go with one or two subs and some really nice speakers all hidden away.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have always had an upgraded sound system in my vehicles. There is nothing better than getting in for a drive and having a nice, crisp and loud stereo. I have steered away from the days of being a teenager with the huge fiberglass enclosures, neon lights and a million speakers and tend to go with one or two subs and some really nice speakers all hidden away.
I'm the same. Always had systems in all my cars but now I like it hidden and out of sight. That and I like actually having a trunk now.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm the same. Always had systems in all my cars but now I like it hidden and out of sight. That and I like actually having a trunk now.
Room in the trunk, whats that??:lol:

trunk of my corolla: also has alpine 6" in door and alpine 6x9" in rear deck (installed myself when I was 17 or 18, I'm 21 now, and it still bumps like it did the day it was installed)

photo1qrk.jpg

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'll get some pics of my setup on here soon. It's nice and mostly tucked away. I did add a box for some boom though. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Processor/DSP - Arc Audio PS8
Tweeters - Hyrbid Audio L1R2
Mids - Hybrid Audio L3SE
Midbass - Hybrid Audio L6v2
Front Stage Amps - Arc Audio KS300.4 (x2, 1 for the midbass, 1 for tweets and mids)
Subwoofers - Arc Audio ARC15 (x2)
Sub Amps - Arc Audio KS1000.1 (x2, 1 on each)

I need some better pictures, the mids and tweets are in custom a-pillar pods, midbass in OEM location in the doors. Subs are firing at the rear seats, with a wall of amps behind them. Still managed to have a decent amount of trunk space left which is impressive with the size of the sub box. Will try and get some better pictures...this is a random close up shot of some of the details from a feature I had a little while back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have a sweet system show it off. I am thinking of picking up a 10'' Rockford Fosgate for my Focus here pretty soon. I have new door and audio interface and head unit in, but it's missing that kick.
Thx for sharing. I can't imagine how trap music would sound on those bad boys. I hope you held on to your payment invoice though. DJ or music equipment purchases always required that. Being electronics and all.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Na, there are so many shops doing outstanding bespoke solutions.
I am thinking of Brian Custom Audio for example, based in Netherlands.
They get Saudi customers to ship their cars overs to get the sound system done.

Truly epic and fantastic workmanship if you ask me.

That's awesome, didn't think places like this still existed. I wanted to do something similar but by the time I was able to start something it seemed that all this had been phased out and there was no customer base...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
CarTunes in Atlanta, a forum sponsor, never slows down. Likening quality audio to a fad would be like saying ADV.1 is irrelevant because "spinners" are no longer popular.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CarTunes in Atlanta, a forum sponsor, never slows down. Likening quality audio to a fad would be like saying ADV.1 is irrelevant because "spinners" are no longer popular.
The audiophile industry is huge. People will pay thousands on a home stereo system and record player, so to say they won't spend a bit more to upgrade their car sound system to be more like OEM+ is generally wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts