Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at a '00 S4 Quatro, 95k - manual, bone stock. what do you guys think? Dealer wants $9,995, kbb is $9,495, I'm sure i can get the price right, any things I should worry about? - Preferably input from s4 owners-

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
My jaw dropped when u said 95k, I think u mean 9.5k. Lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
donttttttttt twin turbo v6 = very expensive to maintain
Agreed, you basically have to pull the motor to do anything in that car. Timing chain needs to be replaced about now, etc.....

Flip side - it can be a monster with exhaust, tune, and a few other goodies.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
wait and get a 2001.5 if you really want one.

I just sold my pearl white one not too long ago

they are not that bad to work on...and have way better modding potential compared with the e36m3.

·
Registered
473 Posts
few friends have them...but i would get the 05 s4 since i already had one :)

the B6 sounds way meaner, looks better, better suspension, ect.

just doesn't have as much potential as the TT. But overall its nicer to me.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
00 S4 has no chains, only a belt. If you have any questions you can call me and I can help you out the best I can, as I have a shop that only works on Audi's and VW's.
650-739-0820

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the 95k is the mileage. And maintenance was my biggest concern. I really didn't want a v8, which is why I've been looking at B5's, what's better about the 2001.5?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love my b5.. i just hit 100k miles..
- I never changed my clutch
- I never needed to replace my turbos (btw im GIAC tuned)
- I do not have electrical problems

So i don't know what everyone is hatting on b5's for.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Maintenance is key. I've seen k03s go to 160k miles. I bought my S4 with the intention of having over 500 hp. I succeed. It's a great platform to get great power. Right now, I should be sitting near 600 crank HP. 2001.5 has no F hose which are prone to tearing, but check out 034 and buy an upgraded F hose and you're good to go. But, any year is okay. The 2000 model is actually lighter then the rest. They have aluminum uprights and the 2001-2002 have steel uprights. For 10k into it you will be beating F430s, Gallardos, E60 M5s. It's a great car. I enjoy driving this car way more then my E46 M3.

After investing around 10k in just parts and maintenance back in 2008, I haven't touched anything else. Tires and oil changes are the only thing I've replaced. I've been stage 3 since I bought the car. The engine can hold 100 Hp/rod without building the engine.

Check out audizine and buy a car from there.

Any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Someone needs to add this phrase

"Audi's are like strippers, they only work when you throw money at them"

Not my phrase, just what I've been told.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hahaha seen that all over the zine.

It's like any car: (Cheap, Reliable, Fast); Pick 2.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
All cars cost money if they aren't taken care of properly. Had a 2.8 B5 A4 and hate myself everyday for selling it for so cheap. B5's are the perfect sized 4 door car and have a lot of potential with very little work.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
what do you mean you don't want a V8... :confused:
i think it's worth it to get one. seeing how many sources you have here on the 4, im sure you'll be in good hands with any questions. good luck and let us know if you get it!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Love the B5 platform... Sold ours a couple of years ago.

They do take money at a certain point and when they do they take a lot. But if you're into modding and toying with it, then its a fun car to toss around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts