Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got word from my dealer that if I want a speciale I can go ahead and order one once the allocation from ferrari comes out. But my main problem here is if were going to see the same price crash with the speciale in comparison to the scuderia. Don't get me wrong here, we all know the car will lose some value over time, but when I bought my scud a little over a year after it came out I paid almost 100k under sticker. Should I wait and see how the market reacts? or should I take a gamble and order one with hopes we wont see another crash? I'm still not sure how many are going to be made. What are your thoughts on this? Is anyone else ordering one?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
How important is ordering one to you? If you're not that picky and don't care about being the original owner, I don't see much of a reason to take the depreciation gamble. Even if a small number are made, some will pop up for sale within a year or two, so you will get a chance to buy one.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How important is ordering one to you? If you're not that picky and don't care about being the original owner, I don't see much of a reason to take the depreciation gamble. Even if a small number are made, some will pop up for sale within a year or two, so you will get a chance to buy one.
I just don't know if I will be patient enough when I start seeing them on the road! Waiting a year or two for a used one wouldnt be the worst thing in the world, but then again I do love ordering custom cars tailored to me from ferrari

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hmmm, tough call since you have the Italia already. I use my 458 Spider as a daily and I doubt I come close to 70% of it's potential on the street. Do you track? I don't think you will see the horrendous depreciation of the Scuderia as that was largely due to the recession. If it were me, I would keep the Scud and Italia and ask to be first on the list for the 458 successor. Keep your fingers crossed it's not turbo.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I just don't know if I will be patient enough when I start seeing them on the road! Waiting a year or two for a used one wouldnt be the worst thing in the world, but then again I do love ordering custom cars tailored to me from ferrari
If you planned on keeping this car till the day you die, then custom ordering should be a must. If you aren't planning on keeping it long term, I just don't see custom ordering and the possible depreciation being worth the risk. Did the dealer say what your wait time would be? If you'd be further down the list and have to wait more than a year anyways, it wouldn't do you much good.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you planned on keeping this car till the day you die, then custom ordering should be a must. If you aren't planning on keeping it long term, I just don't see custom ordering and the possible depreciation being worth the risk. Did the dealer say what your wait time would be? If you'd be further down the list and have to wait more than a year anyways, it wouldn't do you much good.
Wait time will be about 10 months

·
Registered
17 Posts
But my main problem here is if were going to see the same price crash with the speciale in comparison to the scuderia.
Be sure, you will have at least the same price crash as with the Scuderia!

No question, the speciale is a great car. But: the Speciale is also an unlimited production, the performance difference to the Italia is not really huge and the design is also not a master piece. This car will never be a milestone in the Ferrari history.

If I have a look on your garage, there is really no reason to buy a Speciale. Enjoy your Scud and your Italia!

·
Banned
308 Posts
To be quite honest, if paying 100,000$ is worth being able to get in one early, then I say go for it. Although you do have a sufficient stable for now and I don't think the hype will overwhelm you for the first few months. You do seem to have prestige at the dealer so if ever you want to drive one, I'm sure you can arrange it somehow.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I have to admit I like scud more than speciale!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.